Lost phone, need help finding it.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MeguiarsEM

Super Freak
Reaction score
I recently lost my phone and need to find it ASAP. It seems the person who found it has been using it to email. I have the person's email address. Contacted their email provided and was told to have my local law enforcement agency contact their leqal dept. Called my local police dept and felt they where not too interested in finding the phone and person for me. So thinking of finding it myself. Phone has a lot of personal pictures and work info that is important. Are the email finder sites any good???Anyone used them before???

There's some cell phone tracking websites that come up on Google search, but no idea if they really work or they're just scams. :dunno

I recently lost my phone and need to find it ASAP. It seems the person who found it has been using it to email. I have the person's email address. Contacted their email provided and was told to have my local law enforcement agency contact their leqal dept. Called my local police dept and felt they where not too interested in finding the phone and person for me. So thinking of finding it myself. Phone has a lot of personal pictures and work info that is important. Are the email finder sites any good???Anyone used them before???

Can the telephone company help??

Don't know about any of that - but if you don't get your phone back - you can email the people he has been emailing and tell them what a loser this person is. Though it's probably some young kid who doesn't give a damn.

Good luck.

So wait, you e-mailed the individual who has your phone and he/she responded and said to have law enforcement contact his/her legal department? Is this individual some kind of corporation or was he/she being an a$$?

Don't think so. They didn't call anyone with my phone.

Can the telephone company help??

Probably, but I don't want to let me know I know his email. Don't want him to cancel it. I WILL FIND HIM!!!:mad:

Waiting on the cops, lets hope they can find something. It's been awhile since I created my yahoo email account, but do they ask for any in depth personal questions when you're setting up your account like address and phone #???

Don't know about any of that - but if you don't get your phone back - you can email the people he has been emailing and tell them what a loser this person is. Though it's probably some young kid who doesn't give a damn.

Good luck.

No I contacted the person who found my phone email provider.

So wait, you e-mailed the individual who has your phone and he/she responded and said to have law enforcement contact his/her legal department? Is this individual some kind of corporation or was he/she being an a$$?

Good luck! Hope you find him and kick the ____ out of his ass!

grrr.gif

Can't the cops find it through the GPS somehow? Can you cell phone company do it?

Can't the cops find it through the GPS somehow? Can you cell phone company do it?

I believe they can. However, they are only allowed to do it I think if they believe someone is in physical danger. They just found a local woman in the trunk of a car this way because she had her cell on her.

I believe ya, but my case isn't that severe. When I called my local police dept, they literally told me "why are you calling here" after I told them my situation. What ever happened to serve and protect??:dunno

I believe they can. However, they are only allowed to do it I think if they believe someone is in physical danger. They just found a local woman in the trunk of a car this way because she had her cell on her.

Glad I can use Find My iPhone. Had to use it when it fell out of my pocket under the car seat. Looked it right up and saw that it was in the parking lot where I parked my car.

If worse comes to worst, just call the number and ask whoever answers it to return your phone. If not, just cancel the thing out. I know you want your stuff that was on it back, but.....doesn't look good. This is why I don't keep anything on my phone that is personal, I don't care if I lose, or that I don't have copies of.

Did you stress to the police that this has important work info on it? Maybe go to the station in person.

I know I know, I messed up. :banghead I think I will try heading over to the station in person. Anyone ever use a email password recovery program??

If worse comes to worst, just call the number and ask whoever answers it to return your phone. If not, just cancel the thing out. I know you want your stuff that was on it back, but.....doesn't look good. This is why I don't keep anything on my phone that is personal, I don't care if I lose, or that I don't have copies of.

Did you stress to the police that this has important work info on it? Maybe go to the station in person.

Call the number and act thankful they found and ask where they can meet you..at a mall or McDonald's or somewhere public. Mention the cops helped you locate it....that should scare them enough to cooperate, especially if they think you know who/where they are.

Back