Scarlet Witch comiquette video review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dr_teng

Super Freak
Reaction score
Decided to toss this up, but I wasn't aware of the :panic: Visionocalypse :panic: going on in the thread when I filmed it, or I would've mentioned that too. Make sure to check it out in 720p!

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/P1vC8db9Vuw&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/P1vC8db9Vuw&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

If you'd prefer the traditional text and pictures, I've got that up over here (and a few of my pics were in the SW thread) :

https://www.whatsyourobsession.com/sideshow-collectibles-scarlet-witch-comiquette-review/

Great review. It's a gorgeous statue...just got mine today!

Top notch review, good to see some people got a vision with a head still on his shoulders.

solid review there, dr teng. this comiquette is a certified winner.

only thing is, looks like all the production pieces so far have that paint slop between her boobies.

Great review man and I think Sideshow knocked it out of the park on this one. She's never been one of my fave's and I don't have room for her but if I did......

solid review there, dr teng. this comiquette is a certified winner.

only thing is, looks like all the production pieces so far have that paint slop between her boobies.

Not all, Insomniac's apparently doesn't have that issue whatsoever. I believe I've seen at least one other one over the forums.

Thanks for all the compliments guys, glad you're liking the review!

Nice review and cool looking piece. Would love to see more vid reviews where pieces are next to others to compare size and how well they go together. Where did you get the nick dr teng from btw?

Nice review and cool looking piece. Would love to see more vid reviews where pieces are next to others to compare size and how well they go together. Where did you get the nick dr teng from btw?

It's a somewhat obscure comic reference, I wanted something that other online people hadn't crapped up yet.

Except for those real Dr. Tengs, those doctors need to step off my internet nick.

It's a somewhat obscure comic reference, I wanted something that other online people hadn't crapped up yet.

Except for those real Dr. Tengs, those doctors need to step off my internet nick.

Ah, cool. It's definitely pretty unique. Got an actual colleague named Dr. Teng so was just wondering.

Pretty cool review, well explained and lots of info, I'm curious as to those that don't have this statue shipped yet but are on the way to owning this piece, if Sideshow could actually check to see for the cluppy paints apps on the chest area....?

An extremely professional and well done review Dr. Teng. I am resisting the urge to buy one of these although I may have to cave and get one.

By the way guys, feel free to subscribe! I'm planning to kick up the amount of video reviews I do to once every 2 weeks or so. Once I buy some improved lighting + audio equipment, I'll be able to speed it up due to less post processing hassle.

My next ones should be the Rockin' Jelly Bean Invisible Woman (filmed before this Scarlet Witch review, so it has a few minor technical issues) and the Popcultureshock Mecha Zangief. I'll try to do hi-def SDCC coverage too, but since I'm working at the convention I might only have enough time for photos.

Skiman said:
Pretty cool review, well explained and lots of info, I'm curious as to those that don't have this statue shipped yet but are on the way to owning this piece, if Sideshow could actually check to see for the cluppy paints apps on the chest area....?

Considering the big splotch of paint on my base managed to pass the QC sticker check, I doubt they'd bother to open them + check for paint explosions in the chest region. Although it would save them effort in terms of replacements.

By the way guys, feel free to subscribe! I'm planning to kick up the amount of video reviews I do to once every 2 weeks or so. Once I buy some improved lighting + audio equipment, I'll be able to speed it up due to less post processing hassle.

My next ones should be the Rockin' Jelly Bean Invisible Woman (filmed before this Scarlet Witch review, so it has a few minor technical issues) and the Popcultureshock Mecha Zangief. I'll try to do hi-def SDCC coverage too, but since I'm working at the convention I might only have enough time for photos.

Considering the big splotch of paint on my base managed to pass the QC sticker check, I doubt they'd bother to open them + check for paint explosions in the chest region. Although it would save them effort in terms of replacements.

Subscribed! :clap

Decided to toss this up, but I wasn't aware of the :panic: Visionocalypse :panic: going on in the thread when I filmed it, or I would've mentioned that too. Make sure to check it out in 720p!

If you'd prefer the traditional text and pictures, I've got that up over here (and a few of my pics were in the SW thread) :

https://www.whatsyourobsession.com/sideshow-collectibles-scarlet-witch-comiquette-review/

Hey Dr. Teng! Thanks for the great review on the piece, I know I can also speak for Mark when I say we both appreciate it :) I'm also surprised to see that Mary Jane still has some staying power in regards to popularity. That's the piece that began the professional relationship and friendship between me and Mark about 2-3 years ago....and led to us working with each other on Sideshow pieces.

I saw that you're going to be at SDCC, I'll be there as well. Perhaps we can pow-wow.

Hey Dr. Teng! Thanks for the great review on the piece, I know I can also speak for Mark when I say we both appreciate it :) I'm also surprised to see that Mary Jane still has some staying power in regards to popularity. That's the piece that began the professional relationship and friendship between me and Mark about 2-3 years ago....and led to us working with each other on Sideshow pieces.

I saw that you're going to be at SDCC, I'll be there as well. Perhaps we can pow-wow.

If that Mary Jane were available, I'd pick one up for sure (though I believe I remember you mentioning it won't ever be).

I wish I could've remembered your name during the review but it completely slipped my mind, though I remembered you posting a ton during those ridiculous digital sculpting is not real sculpting blah blah threads on Statue Forum. I didn't know you were on this one too.

Perhaps! I'll be working at the Funimation booth most of the time, and I was going to stop by to see Mark for sure (I've met him briefly before). Are you going to be setting up shop at your own booth or with another company?

Back