Factory Entertainment Prop Replica Dracula Ring

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. Midnight Dreary

Freaked Out
Reaction score
LINK

Anyone seen this? I was entertaining the idea of dropping $285 on Dimensional Designs ring for a long time but this one looks more accurate, being cast from Forry's ring like the QmX, DD's wasn't I believe. More affordable to boot.

Just wish they offered more than one size.

LINK

Anyone seen this? I was entertaining the idea of dropping $285 on Dimensional Designs ring for a long time but this one looks more accurate, being cast from Forry's ring like the QmX, DD's wasn't I believe. More affordable to boot.

Just wish they offered more than one size.

So what ring is better this one, or Dimensional Designs Ring? How do we know for sure that it was cast from Forry's ring?

Well I went with the Dimensional Designs Crest Of
Dracula (The Ultimate Edition) Ring limited to 100 Rings made! (I just ordered it):D Dimensional Designs offers many sizes. :D You cannot go wrong with their items, I have their The Mummy (1932) Scarab Ring AND JUST LOVE IT! :D

Last edited:
Well I went with the Dimensional Designs Crest Of
Dracula (The Ultimate Edition) Ring limited to 100 Rings made! (I just ordered it):D Dimensional Designs offers many sizes. :D You cannot go wrong with their items, I have their The Mummy (1932) Scarab Ring AND JUST LOVE IT! :D

You did better with the one you ordered from DD Nick. Its not "cast directly" from Forry's ring, which makes it better in my opinion. They had to sculpt the DD ring based off Forry's. Anything cast from FJA's old ring as the mold is seriously lacking in detail. He wore the ring for years and it wasnt preserved all that well. The bat can barely be made out at all. DD's has no such loss of detail because they didn't cast FJA's ring directly, they did an all new mold with pristine details.

You did better with the one you ordered from DD Nick. Its not "cast directly" from Forry's ring, which makes it better in my opinion. They had to sculpt the DD ring based off Forry's. Anything cast from FJA's old ring as the mold is seriously lacking in detail. He wore the ring for years and it wasnt preserved all that well. The bat can barely be made out at all. DD's has no such loss of detail because they didn't cast FJA's ring directly, they did an all new mold with pristine details.

Richard do you have the DD Dracula Ring? If so may I see some pics?

Thanks buddy :D

Nick

QMX Dracula ring using Forry's ring as a mold vs. DD's ring with a completely sculpted face: You decide---

qmx-dracula-ring-replica.jpg

dimensional-designs-replica-crest-of-dracula-ring-archive-photo-close-up.jpg

QMX Dracula ring using Forry's ring as a mold vs. DD's ring with a completely sculpted face: You decide---

Thanks for the pics, DD's is a more slicker ring. My only qualm with it is it's a tad inaccurate. The red area is flat, the actual prop is raised in that area.

I've been debating back and forth all month which to get, Factory's seemed to have cleaned up the stressed look of the QMX, but DD has my size which is a big plus.

Definitely in the minority here, but I'm diggin' on the one cast from the prop. To me, while the new sculpt looks fresh, the recast just looks more antique, as the ring of Dracula should look.

I like the slickness of the DD but I think the inaccuracies will bother me too much. Besides the flatness of it, the shape looks off, too circular, prop looks closer to an oval shape.

Leaning towards factory, gonna have to get it re-sized though.

Probably just going to get DD's scarab ring for now and wait to see how Factory's Dracula looks in hand.

Did Lon chaney Jr have some kind of a Spider ring? or am I wrong? Where can I buy a replica of that ring?

The Monster,
Nick

This is what you are thinking of.....Sr. not Jr. It was a tribute ring that Forrest J. Ackerman released as an homage to Lon Sr. and to raise money for either medical expenses or lawyer's fees. The spider design is based off the old 1920's saying "Don't step on that spider--it might be Lon Chaney!" The thing that is unique about this item is the spider's abdomen contains make up wads from Lon Sr.s make up case. A replica is not going to happen because Lon himself never owned the ring to make a replica of it. It was a tribute with a bit of history encapsulated within. they sell for a small fortune when they pop up.

This is what you are thinking of.....Sr. not Jr. It was a tribute ring that Forrest J. Ackerman released as an homage to Lon Sr. and to raise money for either medical expenses or lawyer's fees. The spider design is based off the old 1920's saying "Don't step on that spider--it might be Lon Chaney!" The thing that is unique about this item is the spider's abdomen contains make up wads from Lon Sr.s make up case. A replica is not going to happen because Lon himself never owned the ring to make a replica of it. It was a tribute with a bit of history encapsulated within. they sell for a small fortune when they pop up.

YES THAT'S IT! :D SOMEONE SHOULD MAKE A REPLICA! I WANT ONE! :monkey5

WHERE DID YOU GET THAT PICTURE!?:eek DO YOU OWN ONE?:monkey5

Back