New Thundercats Toys from Bandai!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Warner Bros. Consumer Products (WBCP) announced today a powerhouse partnership with Bandai America Incorporated, as the global master toy licensee for the animated series, ThunderCats. Under the new agreement, Bandai and their international affiliates will create and distribute products worldwide that will complement both the classic brand property, as well as Cartoon Network’s fresh take on the animated series, with new television episodes set to air in 2011.

Yeah, Thundercats needs the same love and attention the MOTUC figures got. Still, Bandai is capable of some great figures... just not sure if they'll exploit the full potential.

Yeah, Thundercats needs the same love and attention the MOTUC figures got. Still, Bandai is capable of some great figures... just not sure if they'll exploit the full potential.

As i said on my video: With the whole classics thing Bandai ins venturing into territory where Hasbro did great with the Classics Transformers and Mattel is Kicking ass with the Classic MOTU. so i hope they dont ____ ____ up. And i swear to GOD! if they start Pomping out 3inh Figures i am going to Slap so balls at Bandai USA!!!:mad:

MOTUC is only great because of the Four Horsemen's sculpting. If these Thundercats are done by a comparably skilled artist, I'm in!

And anything 3" = FAIL. They need to be chunky like the vintage LJN figures.

Totally excited for ThunderCats figures but I think Bandai is a big mistake. Look at the figures they've made so far: Kamen Riders, Power Rangers, Ben 10 etc. All very non-collector friendly, very little detail, and SMALL 3 inches maybe? Bandai America caters to kids. So if they get their hands on ThunderCats they better expand their market to us collectors too. If not I'll be very upset.

Mass Marketed produced Thundercats by Bandai?? Fail! :(

guess we'll have to wait and see,but sad Mattel would not be making these and like the MOTU classics

Well, I guess Mattel didn't get the license... what a bummer...
I wouldn't be worried if it was Bandai Japan... thus not the case...
:(

Now we know why that other unknown company is doing the Stactions... depending on the looks an design, I'll end up getting either Bandai's or the Stactions...

I was so hoping Mattel was going to get this...
I'm going to try & stay hopeful that these turn out ok.

-Zoid

As exciting as it is that there will be new Thundercats toys I am more excited for the new animated series. If it is anything like what Warner Bros has put out in the past then we are in for a treat.

Cool to hear more TC products on the horizon. No interest for me though, sticking with the higher end products.

Cool to hear more TC products on the horizon. No interest for me though, sticking with the higher end products.

:exactly:

The only thing announced so far that peaks my interest is the Pop Culture stuff.

MAYBE if they do a decent Panthro I'd pick one up but I doubt it overall. Agreed though, TONS of TCat love happening this year...better this than what we had before.

Back