Smallville Season 10: The Final Season (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KneelBeforrSmallville

Super Freak
Reaction score
I hope im not jumping the gun with this thread, but we have the first chunk of smallville season 10 info, and season 9 is over.

So We knows Season 10 is the last season and we have the first bit of info on whats to come. Im so excited :panic: The season 9 Finale was great and i know season 10 will be the rise of SUPERMAN:yess:

Official Word Smallville Season 10 is the last
https://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/05/19/smallville-to-end-next-season/

An Interview with Tom Welling about the final season
https://tv.ign.com/articles/109/1091416p1.html

Tom Welling talking about season 10 and wants Lex to Return!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBZxqMRLt7Y&feature=youtu.be&a

I do hope They produce some collectables for the final season. It be nice to have a 1:6 Scale Tom Welling Clark and Superman Figure or even a Statue.
wellingsuperman.jpg

Re: Smallville Season 10: The Final Season

From the ENI boards:

"Ausiello @ EW is reporting that Allison Mack has opted not to return as a series regular for the show’s 10th and final season.

“It’s amazing to think that Chloe Sullivan and I have been one and the same for over a third of my life.” “I’m truly humbled by the love and loyalty of all the fans whose enthusiasm has carried me — along with a cast and crew that has become my second family — over the past nine and a half years."

The actress will return for several episodes next season to tie up Chloe’s Smallville legacy properly."

.........and I'll taaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake with me the memoryyyyyyyyy *voice cracks*..........TO BE MY SUNSHINE AFTER THE RAAAAAIIIIIIIINNNNNNNN...........

And its so harrrrrrd to say goodby........to yesterdaaaaaaaaayyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeee **breaks down & gets carried away**

I wonder how many Eps Allison will come back for, Welling and Cw President say she will still be apart of S10!

Im thinking, 6-8 mabey?

I wonder how many Eps Allison will come back for, Welling and Cw President say she will still be apart of S10!

Im thinking, 6-8 mabey?

dude, I don't know what the hell I'm gonna do when this show wraps. Also the poster of Tom is effing BAD ASS!! :hi5:

Let me bounce a question off you. Would you be willing to swallow TWO Supermen?? Meaning Smallville dose a movie & Tom be that universe's Superman, while Routh or maybe another unknown adopt the iconic roll.

I would have no problem if they wanted to do a "Metropolis" show and have Tom be Superman while still having big screen adventures with another actor (Routh is out if you go by WB/DC's past quotes). The thing is that WB has often been shortsighted. They didn't allow Bruce Wayne to be a part of Smallville (even though they met briefly as youths when Bruce was passing through) because Batman Begins was in production at the time. After the movie smashed, the writers of Smallville go a no-go on anything Bat related. They were stopped from including Diana in their stuff because of the Whedon Wonder Woman that at the time and since its still in preproduction they can't really hit that well. They wanted to include Hal Jordan in an episode, since they do meet again when he first moves to Metropolis but were stopped when the Reynolds' GL was in heavy preproduction.

The reboot of Superman is set for 2012 so I'd imagine we might see Welling suit up once for the series finale but I seriously doubt we'll see an actual Superman TV show.

dude, I don't know what the hell I'm gonna do when this show wraps. Also the poster of Tom is effing BAD ASS!! :hi5:

Let me bounce a question off you. Would you be willing to swallow TWO Supermen?? Meaning Smallville dose a movie & Tom be that universe's Superman, while Routh or maybe another unknown adopt the iconic roll.

Yeah its gonna be sad but im shure it will really go out with a bang! Plus well have over 200 eps to look back on. Yeah Alex Ross drew that poster its great!
& If your asking do i want Tom Welling to be in a SUPERMAN movie..The Question is HELLL YESSS!!!:yess::clap Id be willing to def do that lol!

Welling is sick of the role and has also said he doesn't want to wear the suit. And another series that he is an Executive Producer on got picked up. I'm sure he'd rather be a show runner than an actor.

But I'm glad they'll have a final episode and endgame to shoot for. Each episode should be a significant step to him putting on the suit and Lois coining the name.

They should ignore his wishes and put him in the suit. Does he want the 10 years of the show to have no pay-off whatsoever??

Welling is sick of the role and has also said he doesn't want to wear the suit. And another series that he is an Executive Producer on got picked up. I'm sure he'd rather be a show runner than an actor.

But I'm glad they'll have a final episode and endgame to shoot for. Each episode should be a significant step to him putting on the suit and Lois coining the name.

They should ignore his wishes and put him in the suit. Does he want the 10 years of the show to have no pay-off whatsoever??

From an interview with Welling regarding the suit (via Superman Homepage) ...

Q: Now that he's got the gift of the suit, is it a given that he'll be wearing it in episode 1 of season 10?

Welling: I don't know if it's a given. I actually just don't know. I don't know what the storyline is. What we've done in the past is we've been able to tease it, and I think keep it interesting for fans. And I think that they'll be more. We'll see more of the suit this year - I would think we'd have to.

Q: Are you excited, filled with trepidation, or a mixture of both about possibly fully wearing that suit?

Welling: Terrified. Absolutely terrified!

It seems he is no longer saying he won't wear it.

I finally saw the 2-hour JSA episode last night. Fantastic. Looking forward to buying Season 9 to catch up for the final year.

SnakeDoc

Yeah he never said he wouldnt wear it, he just said he doesnt know if hes gonna, and when. And he cant reveal all the seasons secret so theres a good chance well see him in the suit.

AMEN a-dev! He'll end up going down as the biggest selfish prick in tv history if he refuses to wear the suit. Both he & Rosebum need to understand that they don't have a choice.

tom-welling-superman.jpg

I would dig him wearing the suit towards the end of the series, if not THE end. If I forget the middle seasons, Smallville was a pretty great show

I really didn't expect him to be in the full suit until the last episode. Maybe going back to the red/blue Blur with the new shirt and the rest evolves through the season.

I think having Clark come out of the Daily Planet building and ripping open his shirt to reveal the S in the middle of a chaotic crowd to mirror Christopher Reeve from the first film would be the perfect way to end the series. Fade to black with John Williams Superman theme.

It seems he is no longer saying he won't wear it.

I'm sure he was told to play ball instead of walking around saying he was tired of it as part of his show being picked up.

Yeah he never said he wouldnt wear it, he just said he doesnt know if hes gonna, and when. And he cant reveal all the seasons secret so theres a good chance well see him in the suit.

He said he'd never wear it since season 7. He has been quoted. This is even from 03:

A lot of people are looking forward to that. I'm not, but I base that on the character. I believe that Clark flying around, Clark putting on the suit in Smallville would go against what we're trying to do, and that is show a teenager with these abilities who is trying to fit and trying to be normal. I think that if he puts on the suit and he starts flying around, one, we've now changed the dynamic of the show, and, two, it would be too easy.

Its only recently that all of sudden he is pro Smallville again.

I really didn't expect him to be in the full suit until the last episode. Maybe going back to the red/blue Blur with the new shirt and the rest evolves through the season.

Agreed. Even as recently as 2008, the shows producers in an interview with MTV, said that they had kind of painted themselves into a corner with Smallville and how they could realistically write Clark in the supersuit without people recognizing him especially Lois and Lex. The Blur was a quick answer to that and I have a feeling that if/when we see Clark in the full suit that it won't happen until the last episode so they don't have to worry about dealing with that plot issue.

IMO, the whole thing about Welling saying he won't wear the suit etc is all a media ploy to backup the core and storyline of the show "smallville". If the writers make it so he wears the suit, I highly doubt he will object.

IMO, the whole thing about Welling saying he won't wear the suit etc is all a media ploy to backup the core and storyline of the show "smallville". If the writers make it so he wears the suit, I highly doubt he will object.

He's an executive producer on the show - so he does have a lot of influence - but he seems to be a pretty smart guy and knows what's good for the show.

I think having Clark come out of the Daily Planet building and ripping open his shirt to reveal the S in the middle of a chaotic crowd to mirror Christopher Reeve from the first film would be the perfect way to end the series. Fade to black with John Williams Superman theme.

Not only did I suggest that a few years ago, but I also think the very end should be an entire re-enactment of the famous Kidder/Reeves helicopter scene. Complete with Welling running across the street ripping open the dress shirt to bare the "S".

that would be cool but i guess it will be a 2 or 3 seconds with the suit i know it hurts but hope i am wrong..... here is a montage i made no to long ago........enjoy!

attachment.php

^^ Cool Photoshop!, Well apparently he will be at comic con again this year, mabey well learn more news. Welling has been doing alot of interviews promoting the 10th season. It be nice to get another awesome sneek preview like last year.

Back