Star Wars Theatrical Cut DVDs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K07

Super Freak
Reaction score
https://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Tr...ef=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1273455962&sr=8-1

Anyone own this? My 1995 boxset my dad bought me when it first came out has served me well. I just finished ANH and ESB today and thought I'd finish off the trilogy, but RotJ keeps tracking and the sound is all messed up. Truly a sad day.

My dad got me the 2004 DVDs and I watched them once and hated them and would rather see the version I grew up with.

How do these "bonus discs" look in this set? Reviews seem kind of negative as Lucas is too stubborn to update these for modern television sets.

I own these, but never watched them after I bought them :lol I think the biggest negative is that they aren't anamorphic.

I guess I'm not really sure what that means. VHS is impossible to watch on an HDTV. The image bounces up and down, not to mention it's very grainy due to the degrading quality of the already poor quality format.

EDIT - I did some research. All these years I've been "zooming" on widescreen images anyways. I don't know how to even take advantage of anamorphic DVDs! Haha. So this is no biggie for me an easy purchase.

Last edited:
Back