Iron Man Arc Reactor Prop Replica

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imranbecks

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Windlass Studios/Museum Replicas Iron Man Arc Reactor Prop Replica

I've just collected the Iron Man Arc Reactor Prop Replica today. Its 1:1 in scale and what a great looking item! As a big fan of the movie franchise, I just had to get this replica. And when I first saw it in the first movie as a form of a gift from Pepper Potts to Tony Stark, I had always hoped there would be a replica of it... And in 2010, my wish was granted....

The prop replica >>>

dsc04427m.jpg

dsc04430c.jpg

dsc04432b.jpg

dsc04433p.jpg

It lights up really nicely and brightly too!!! An awesome display piece! I think this is a must have for Iron Man fans!

Last edited:
As have I :lol , I could pretty much get it for free (from RP's) but normally I like to save them to take a dent out of PFs. :impatient:

I've seen them go for as low as 110$ on ebay

$110??? Really? Must have been bidding and ended up with that price.. Nonetheless, the built of the replica is pretty good for its price. It may not be 100% screen accurate (which replica is anyway?), but one glance, and people will be able to tell that its the Iron Man arc reactor that Pepper gave to Stark in the first movie... Very nicely done..

I'd buy it, but only if I had money to burn and there was nothing else in the world I wanted.

Kudos to the prop's accuracy though. :clap

Yeah... Windlass Studios did a good job on this one... Certain areas can still be improved on, but its no doubt at least 90% screen accurate....

I've just taken more photos of the prop replica, this time with better lighting and angles...

dsc04435l.jpg

dsc04436v.jpg

dsc04437j.jpg

dsc04438d.jpg

dsc04439p.jpg

dsc04440gs.jpg

dsc04441z.jpg

dsc04442qy.jpg

dsc04443g.jpg

Awesome pics man! what's not accurate about it?

As far as I can tell, the light on the arc reactor is supposed to be shining through to the back as well at where the battery cover is on the replica, but I guess it isn't possible to do that on the replica as the back is where the battery compartment is, hence the cover.

And lastly, the metal stand is bigger in diameter on the real prop but is smaller and thinner on the replica...

This is the real prop from the movie >>>

Here, you can see that some light is shining through behind the arc reactor (as reflected on the glass case). >>>

And here you can see that the stand holding the arc reactor is bigger than the one on the replica.. >>>

But those minor differences doesn't take away the fact that its still the coolest looking replica on display right now at my place :clap

Last edited:
I have a buddie that got one of these and said it was really poor quality. He said it was really light and felt cheaply made. Long story short he sent it back.

Chris

I have a buddie that got one of these and said it was really poor quality. He said it was really light and felt cheaply made. Long story short he sent it back.

Chris

You get what you pay for. And I don't get why some would say its cheaply made. What did they expect? I don't think it feels cheaply made in the first place. Upon opening it up and assembling it, its supposed to be kept in display on the base and not meant to be worn around etc. To put it simply, its not meant to be played with other than just turning on and off the LED (which lights up really well!)

And also, its aluminum and I think the weight to it is just about right. The reactor itself is neither heavy nor light, the overall weight is just nice for a display piece. And do take note that once the arc reactor is attached to the stand on the wooden base with the acrylic cover, its pretty heavy.. How heavy did your buddy want it to be???:slap:slap

Last edited:
Back