Underrated Horror Films?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LChinoz

Super Freak
Reaction score
What do you think are some of the more underrated horror films? I think the Devil's Backbone and The Stepfather (original).

Last edited:
Frailty is often overlooked, though I don't know if it is underrated or not. A couple of others are Maniac and the Brood.

Howling is often over-shadowed by American Werewolf in London, but is a very good film in its own right. I was pleasantly surprised at how interesting and unconventional it was.

Frailty is often overlooked, though I don't know if it is underrated or not. A couple of others are Maniac and the Brood.

Howling is often over-shadowed by American Werewolf in London, but is a very good film in its own right. I was pleasantly surprised at how interesting and unconventional it was.

Agreed about Frailty. I would also say, in terms of werewolf movies, Wolfen is also forgotten about.

For the record, there are considerably more overrated films than underrated. :lol

I'd toss in The Unnamable as definitely underrated.

Human Centipede! :lol That was a joke!

Overrated --> Definately Paranormal Activity and Blair Witch or Dumb and dumber if you will.

Underrated --> Probably the Descent

Human Centipede! :lol That was a joke!

Overrated --> Definately Paranormal Activity and Blair Witch or Dumb and dumber if you will.

I feel the exact opposite about that movie. All the hype made me rent it. The creature wasn't that scary and the scares were predictable.

Though I'd add Diary of the Dead to the underhyped list. It was good for what it was.

Not sure if it is over looked or underrated but I don't hear much talk about it, is the original Black Christmas.

This is a good one considering I had only just seen it about a year ago.

Very good horror flick imo and also made way before (1974) most of the classics we all love today.

I liked this movie ................ it had some lame cheese moments worthy of hitting stop but overall I really loved the atmosphere.

Diary of the dead was surprisingly good. The Mist remake was awesome. Midnight Meat train wasn't too bad either

Underrated

The Hitcher (original and remake)
The Collector
Maniac Cop series
Return of the Living Dead
Lucio Fulci's Zombie
Final Exam
Terror Train
Prom Night (original)
The Burning
The Prowler
Leviathan
CHUD

I remember being very impressed with this movie. If for no other reason than to see chicks kick this much ass! :rock

Completely the same as how I feel. Have you seen the Descent 2???

Didn't know there was a Decent 2! :google

From what I remember, I really enjoyed the original CUbe movie.

Yes Cube was awesome! If I remember right, that was a made for Sy Fy movie. They usually suck but this one was incredible. Best line in the whole move: "TRAP" :horror :lol

Diary of the dead was surprisingly good. The Mist remake was awesome. Midnight Meat train wasn't too bad either

I'm a huge Romero fan, but I was a bit underwhelmed with Diary. :(

My personal contribution (though already stated more than once) would be The Mist (2007). The only thing that I would change about this movie would be the dodgy CGI here and there. (Most notably the tentacles by the garage door.) I would give it at least a 8.5/10.

SLiTHER
and to a very small degree- Drag Me To Hell. I know the critics loved it, but most people hate it. I guess they pefer their PG-13 horror to have pretty CW cast members and retarded japanese girls with black hair. :dunno

Also The Hitcher Remake is on the worst movies ever made by a human being. Just saying. The original is great though.

Back