Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrishJedi

Super Freak
Reaction score
Aha! So this is the elusive sequel to Assassin's Creed II (that isn't officially Assassin's Creed III) that Ubisoft touted back in January...

4572.610.jpg

Essentially, you play as Ezio again (as a Master Assassin) and recruit your own "brotherhood" of fellow assassin's to take on the Templars... in Rome.... with Multiplayer.

I am so there. :rock :rock :rock :rock

From Game Informer:
We’ve known for a while that the next Assassin’s Creed wouldn’t be the official third entry that ended the trilogy, but rather something of a side story that would continue the adventures of AC II’s main man Ezio. This spinoff title would take place, at least partially, in Rome and would somehow incorporate multiplayer. What we didn’t know about that game was its name. Until now. This fall you can look forward to playing Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood.

Early marketing materials for Assassin's Creed Brotherhood leaked out of GameStop earlier today. We contacted Ubisoft about the photos (below) and the company confirmed that they are real. Ubisoft also promised they’d release more information about the game early next week. This is exciting news for Assassin’s Creed fans. Stay tuned for more information about the game when it becomes available next week.

This may now actually top HALO: REACH as my most anticipated game for the rest of the year.

The AC games are great....little disapointed that it isn't AC 3, but I'll take anything I can get; and multiplayer sounds interesting

I'd think AC3 will take more than 1 year to get out the door (and will up the ante in gameplay and mechanics just as much as AC2 did from the first game). Brotherhood will be a nice diversion until then.

So this means no Desmond or the Animus?Just a break from all the Supernatural stuff and concentrate on the original Ezio only.

So this means no Desmond or the Animus?Just a break from all the Supernatural stuff and concentrate on the original Ezio only.

Was wondering the same thing as well. Maybe it will be like the missing parts of AC2 and the multiplayer will be training for Desmond????

Awesome. I love the AC franchise and I'm glad that we'll get another game with Ezio. Assassin's Creed Multiplayer has the potential to be great.

Indeed,hope they don`t screw up,they should have more than just a deathmatch type of online play,coop online would be extremly cool.

ACII was a solid game that was loads of fun, BUT ubisoft really cheesed me off with the effort on their two download content (cf. GTA IV; the two DLCs were good).

Probably gonna put this on hold. If multiplayer turns out being good, I might consider getting it. Otherwise, its a straight rental for me. $7 over the weekend to support my local video store.

Official announcement! :rock

assassins-creed-brotherhood-logo.jpg

acbspromecolliseumpassionplay.jpg

This morning, Ubisoft officially announced Ezio's return to the Assassin's Creed franchise, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. Though the game was outed and cursorily detailed in some placeholder box art last week, the official press release shared some specifics: the single-player campaign ("set in the living, breathing, unpredictable city of Rome") is expected to last 15 hours, and sees Ezio recruiting and training "promising young Assassins" for deployment across the historical capital.

Rather than using money earned to bolster a villa, you'll fix up Rome itself, which will change Ezio's social standing, unlock missions and curry favor with various factions. The release promises collaboration with Da Vinci, Machiavelli, and Caterina Sforza, and describes new "secret weapons." Ubi is throwing in poison darts, parachutes, hidden blades and guns, not to mention an "advanced flying machine" -- which is presumably useful in more than a single mission this time.

Multiplayer -- developed by Ubisoft Annecy, who created the online component of Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory -- is said to feature "multiple authentic character classes" (presumably the characters seen in the gallery below) each of whom will use "signature weapons and killing moves." We'll look for more details and a more specific release date than "Holiday 2010" at E3, perhaps on a giant advertisement emblazoned on the side of the convention center.

The Brotherhood characters look badass:

acbmp4characters.jpg

:rock :rock :rock

Assassin's Creed Multiplayer...its definitely got my interest. Never finished the first game, never got the second but they've both been on my to-do list. Maybe I'll just wait out for this one.

Mike, the 2nd game was my Top Game of 2009. It eeked out Uncharted 2 for me, because, well, being a badass in Renaissance Italy can't really be topped. Just amazing... beats the first one in every conceivable way.

Huh. Maybe I'll swing and pick that up. Gonna need something to do while tending the kid over the summer.

Highly recommended. Once you kick the learning curve it's one of the most immersive, rewarding game experiences out there.

So I'm wondering if this game will continue the canon story that the first two were. I want some contiunuation of the OH **** moment at the end of ACII

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Deets And Screen Drops
Written Wednesday, May 12, 2010 by Dan Webb

Ubisoft today dropped its first official confirmation of the upcoming Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. You know, in press release form, rather than a retail leak or via the company's financial conference call.

Shipping in late 2010, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood takes Ezio, now a master assassin, on a journey to Rome to assist in a power struggle against those pesky Templars.

Being the master assassin that Ezio is, he now commands an entire Brotherhood and they must work together to overcome their mortal enemies.

The press release also officially confirms the game's multiplayer, stating "players can help the Templars by using Abstergo to train in the art of Assassination to eliminate the Assassins once and for all."

"Players can choose from a wide range of unique characters, each with their own signature weapons and assassination techniques, and match their skills against other players from all over the world in different game modes."

Back