Premium Format Indy Repaint

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boot25

Super Freak
Reaction score
386648589.jpg

Wow, that looks almost real, especially the eyes. I think it could use a little bit more of a tan though. Awesome job!

If you could acheive those skin tones but just a bit darker it would really help. He also needs a bit more stubble and the eye color needs to be a bit darker.

That looks Incredible. But I agree, if you darken his skin tone and give him a darker color beard it will even better.

I agree with most of the comments here. Best one yet, and there have been some absolutely amazing custom paint apps on this one. I love the subtlety in the eyebrows and lips. Most people paint them on as if they were stuck on piece of plastic instead of hair. You have a talent for that, Boot.

I also agree that in Raiders there was more stubble present than in any of the sequels. I would like to point out one nuance that most people ignore. The darkest/thickest point of stubble on his face is in the teardrop part of his lip directly under his nose. For some reason most people doing customs do the opposite and leave this area very light compared to the rest of his stubble and it looks off. Here's a pic to illustrate what I'm talking about.

2492836687_a41aa3a3c5.jpg

Got him today, John let me apologise in advance, my camera is garbage.

It in no way does justice to his masterpiece, I will be taking a bunch more when my friend gets done work with his camera. But if anyone owns anything from John, you know just how mind boggling his art is in person. :google

The skin tones are absolutely real looking, he looks a little sweaty and as if he has pours. Every detail is stunning and realistic, his eys, hairs, hat material, it's just epic. His stubble is fine in person, there is more then appears in either of our photos, I think the flash must have washed it out, it's there and it looks incredible. No doubt about it, this has surpassed even my Gobler Idol as my grail.

I have also ordered a custom display case and shelf to get this guy off the floor and at eye level in a more appropriate location. Eventually I hope to replace his holster and at very least repaint and weather his jacket.

PICT1141.jpg

Thank you so much John, I have admired your work since I got started in this hobby almost 10 years ago now, and to finally own some of your work is nothing short of a great honor for me. :duff

Back