Raiders Boulder Chase WIP 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hemble

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi All

Well here's another Indy project and as the title says it's WIP for the boulder chase scene.

The boulder is actually a large blow up beach ball and I have started to paper mache over it, I have done two layers and have another 3 to go. I'll update with WIP pics when I can so until then enjoy.

Ron

Good lord Ron :) it is always impressive to see what kind of display you have up your sleeve... my only question is, where in the heck do you store/display all of this stuff !!!!!

Now this is badass! If anyone else were attempting it I'd be skeptical, but "In Hemble I Trust" :lol

Hi All

Guys glad you are liking what you see so far and this hopefully will be done within 3 weeks if all goes well.

mfisher -Hey mate I've only got 7 figures/dio's left out of 21 I sold the rest for other items and also to make room for this project plus the metre long dewback dio I did.

faststreetsofhongkong - No sorry mate this will be just a section of the cave corridor.

Ron

This will make for a fantastic diorama!

Are you going to have Belloq at the end of the boulder chase ready to take the Fertility Idol from Indy?

Looking forward to seeing how this progresses!

Hi All

Firstly I want to apologize to Reinhardt, phase3 (no Belloq sorry mate) for not replying sooner sorry guys :eek: and thanks for the comments.

Ok after putting this aside and looking at it for months I started back into it tonight, as you can see my photoshop work is totally crap so I'll explain how I want this to look.

Instead of the old style look of dios I decided to go for a sought of shadow box dio but have different viewing angles, one will at the front as seen in pics, second will be on the left side and I'm thinking of adding a third view hole from the top still deciding.

The dio will be inside a crate as my poor PS drawing shows, the boulder is complete and just needs to be painted and weathered.
I'll will have updates every two to three days so keep watching and any comments welcomed and I will reply to them I promise

Ron

Hi All

Thanks for the replies guys always apprciated, I'm working on the back and sides tonight.

EddyW I don't know as of yet mate if it works out how I want it to I don't think it will need them but I'll see once the interior is done.

Ron

Hi All

Well got the four sides up and have started on the frame work ran out of balsa wood so the crate will have to wait till the weekend now. But till then here are a few pics showing how big it will be.

Ron

Hi Ron, looks amazing. have you considered making the end hole the same as the doorway he has to jump through to escape?

Hi All

Well here is a little more work on the crate, I started adding the wood sides using balsa wood. I have the back, right side and top and bottom left to do then I 'll be starting on the interior.

Ron

Back