Customized Bowen MEDUSA

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BatFanatic

Super Freak
Reaction score
Ever so often there's a "new" collectible or toy that brings back memories of my childhood, which was a loooong time ago I'm afraid. When Bowen released his Mark Newman Medusa, while I appreciated the design, I felt it needed to be "bumped up a notch". Here are a couple pics that I wanted to share of my newly customized Romita style Medusa. Her measurements are now a little more realistic :naughty

Her boobs are actually quite accurately reproduced from Spider-man #62.
Romita's first time illustrating Medusa, had her wearing a green costume and bullet bra cleavage.
Not unlike Kirby's busty redhead, Romita just added a cup size, or two : )

That is extremely cool! And after the paint job that came on the original, a much needed improvement. Nice Work BF.

I love ASM 62. Here's my copy:

ASM-62-94-OW-0789778003.jpg

Last edited:
No kidding....here's the "old face" and "full body shot" comparisons of the new custom.

Last edited:
If the original didn't look like she was having a stroke while she was putting on her makeup, I would've bought one for sure. It is an awesome sculpt :lol

Your repaint is fantastic - really great work!

I'd like to take credit for the "transformation" to Medusa, but this was a commissioned job...a friend of mine out of the Northeastern U.S. is the talented one.

Northeastern U.S.??? That's half the statue painters in the country, lol! C'mon, you can share who it was. Vince? Saul? Rick? (and about 100 more I can't think of).

The arteeeest who re-sculpted & re-painted Medusa is Mike James out of Equinunk PA.
Check out his work at jamesart.com
He's phenomenal with the female form.:google

Ahhhh Mike James...yes, I know his work well. And now it makes perfect sense why Medusa's... errrr... 'assets' are so over the top, lol!

Nice job! You need safety glasses to view this one.

Romita Sr rules.

My Medusa's face (lips) is jacked up also. I'll need to get it fixed one day. The sculpt on this one is a real treat.

BB

Back