I had me a virus last night...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
Yea, some damn hacker messed up some of the html pages at the site, and Google flagged it. If you see that webpage that says the site might be infected, that's the Google flagging. I think I have everything cleaned up now and I've asked Google to re-review it. Damn Hackers.

You'll see that message for awhile, until Google reviews the site and removes it, but everything should be clean now. If you do see something else other than that message, like your own desktop virus detection software giving you a message when you visit the page, please let me know asap. Also, if you see someone asking about it at another forum, please let them (and me!) know the status. Thanks!

Michael
MWC

He must have read your T-800 PF review and decided to hack the site....I kid :)
Love your site, and reviews, though we hardly agree. I guess I just love toys so darn much.

Well, on the bright side, it'll give you some time to take some sharp lookin photos! Venkman next!

yes, my safari browser warned me that there are malware in your site when I was checking your new reviews last night. It seems to happen a lot to the 3A production site and blog as well. Damn hackers!

Mac's can get a virus as well.

They just aren't as prevalent as PC's. Don't be fooled when someone says that Mac's are immune to getting a virus.

But I do enjoy that Mac's are not targeted like PC's are.

Just a quick update - I managed to get everything cleaned up yesterday, and Google reviewed it last night and removed the flagging, so you shouldn't see the message any longer. If you do see something - anything odd - please let me know. Thanks for your support!

Michael
MWC

i'm able to get into the site fine now (couldn't last night)
the only thing is where your site is listed under my bookmarks, it has a picture of a red negative sign next to it, which has never been there before. maybe the site's still not totally unflagged?

glad you got it sorted out mike. love your site and reviews.

on a side note, you plan on making a bookmark logo? :D i'm not really sure what they're called :) like when you favorite or bm a page, you get a little logo next to the site's name on the toolbar.

So nice to own a Mac....

Does owning a Mac really have anything to do with this? If a piece of ____ hacker decides to compromise your online webpage which is already uploaded, what does what computer you used to upload you website have anything to do with it?

Mac users are snobs.

sorry to hear MWC.

Does owning a Mac really have anything to do with this? If a piece of ____ hacker decides to compromise your online webpage which is already uploaded, what does what computer you used to upload you website have anything to do with it?

Mac users are snobs.

sorry to hear MWC.

aaahhh hahahaha:rotfl:lol:rotfl

Glad to hear it's back up. Now I can go check some toy reviews again.

Some stupid hater is who did it. You have great stuff on the site and great reviews. good to hear you got it back up and running so fast.

Mac users are snobs.

sorry to hear MWC.

I'm so glad I own two Macs now so Mesa can really throw a fit. :)

Back