Modifying a Hot Toys Batman Begins figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thrustmaster

Super Freak
Reaction score
Didn't want to start a thread and post my progresses on the Batman Begins Photo Thread, but then I thought it would be maybe better and cleaner to open a new one.

it's in the very early progress, but i thought to share it with you.
I've played a long time ago with this idea to change the mouthpiece on the Batman Begins figure, but I hadn't the balls for it :D

Now I've an extra BB head and a Medicom TDK head, so I thought I'll give it a go. If the result will be fine, I'll do this also to my lovely Begins figure, so this is just a test.

I've shorten also the BB head a bit, but i didn't like it too much. I would like to heat the bottom and do the bottom line a bit more rounder. It's hard to explain :D It looks now just to straight.

as for the mouthpiece, still have to repaint it and smooth the material on the edges

first wip

bbmod2.png

bbmod.png

Hmmm... It's too early here in NJ and I'm in the middle of a study break for my final so I may not be understanding you correctly. (Pulling an all nighter). So you're modifying your OC Batman head piece? Is that the head you have on that Begins right now? What did you do exactly. I'm excited to see where this goes.

He took the mouth piece from the Medicom TDK Suit Batman, cut it off, and attached it to the HT OC Batman. That's what you see in the pic. The sculpt of the Medi mouth piece is certainly more accurate than the HT OC Batman (to my eyes) and so great mod for me

Hmmm... I may try that but with a DX mouth piece. I really like those mouth pieces.

thanks guys for the comments :)

Looks good, but personally wouldve added the HT DX2 angry mouth one. That mouth to me is Batman, the others are too much bale for my taste :)

I've tried the angry mouthpiece but it doesn't look that well. So i went back with the medi mouth piece and my goal was to have a bale begins figure and not ANY batman.

I've worked a bit on the edges where I've cut the neck to look a bit more rounder, but still more work is to do

bbmedmod.png

bbmedmod5.png

cheers :peace

The suit looks so beefy! Did you pad it up or something?

I assume you cut up a spare Medi head yeah? The repaint TDK Medicom is untouched?

Wow guys thanks sooo much for this positive feedback! :) :eek:

@vodoun: Yeah i cut a medi tdk head mouthpiece and put it on the HT begins head. But the mouthpiece from the medi one is smaller than the mouthpiece of the ht begins figure, so I had to use some sculpey-material to fill it. it was an original mouthpiece from medi, it wasn't repainted. That's the reason why it still looks a bit weird with those 2 different colors. In the end I have to paint the whole mouthpiece.

And yes I have put also some cotton under the suit, especially in the chest and shoulders area. And with the right posing of the figure it looks sooo beefy and really great. it looks even more beefier in real then in the fotos :p

and thanks guys so much again for your comments. still have to do some works on the bottom of the neck and melt it a bit to look just more wider and more smooth. And then the repaint :)

:horrorWish I had the resources and guts to try this with mine...doing the cape mod was pushing the envelope for me :lol

I can't really tell what you've done, so much just looks copiously better, it looks like a different figure! Amazing stuff man, it looks eXACTLY like he does in TDK before the new suit. Well done

Just took another look at the Medicom Batman head and mouth piece and it's hard to believe that that is the one you used. It looks so different when it's on a OC Batman. WOW

And yes I have put also some cotton under the suit, especially in the chest and shoulders area. And with the right posing of the figure it looks sooo beefy and really great. it looks even more beefier in real then in the fotos :p

Did you just use regular old cotton balls? I think I want to try this...

Back