How about a Planet of the Apes PF Gorilla on horse?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That would probably be monstrous, and would take a lot of chimpchange. That doesn't mean I wouldn't love to see one and admire it from afar. I just don't have the room or funding for such a dream.

Unfortunately, neither did the Zaius PF.

No more Planet of the Apes PFs, I'm afraid.

That would probably be monstrous, and would take a lot of chimpchange. That doesn't mean I wouldn't love to see one and admire it from afar. I just don't have the room or funding for such a dream.

Sell your couch fer cryin' out loud!

Can't believe POTA fans wouldn't want this?!?

BB

Mat Falls told me during SDCC last year that they had a second POTA PF ready to go but due to likeness issues they stopped it right before going into production.

I'm assuming it was Taylor... what other figure would have likeness issues?

Mat Falls told me during SDCC last year that they had a second POTA PF ready to go but due to likeness issues they stopped it right before going into production.

That sucks. A Taylor PF would have been real boss.

Chuck said POA was his favorite pic of all those he did.

BB

Not really. Hot Toys picked up the 1:6 line and produced the best 1:6 POTA figures yet.

:nono

You are right... the Hot Toys Gorillas are the best POTA figures yet. And in most cases, I collect stuff pretty much exclusively in the 1:6 scale.

However, when I comes to Planet of the Apes, I like to immerse myself in all things Apes. I like owning monkeys of all shapes and sizes. I like owning the POTA Kubricks, the Medicom Vinyl Apes, the Mego Apes, etc. I even own a wind-up Cornelius. :naughty

And that doesn't include all of the trading cards, posters, 8x10s, magazines, books, CDs and DVDs and other goodies I've collected in the name of POTA. I know you have done the same, IM.

It's great to have a big damn dirty PF ape in my collection. And the fact this PF is of Dr. Zaius, my favorite character, well.... :D

Any word if Hot Toys will make a Taylor? I need them to make one so Sideshow's EX Forbidden Zone Taylor goes down in price! Only 1/6 Ape product from Sideshow I don't own. Check eBay once in a while but never see him for under $200 :(

I hope SS get the likeness issues sorted and we eventually get a Taylor... this is one of my most wanted pieces.

Really this should have been the first Apes PF out of the gate :monkey2

Sideshow have confirmed the line is dead due to poor sales :(

Kinda sounds like they are saying there just isn't any interest in the line. Why, then, did HotToys pick it up? I think bad sales has more to do with the fact that Sideshow's product is not improving on par with the substantial price hike.

I'm still stunned about the PF Zaius. What were they thinking, making the human doll the exclusive?

Any word if Hot Toys will make a Taylor? I need them to make one so Sideshow's EX Forbidden Zone Taylor goes down in price! Only 1/6 Ape product from Sideshow I don't own. Check eBay once in a while but never see him for under $200 :(

Yeah, that FZ does go for crazy money. And to me, he just isn't worth it. I purchased him during his original pre-order and I still wouldn't pay over retail for him. Funny... with ALL the Taylors Sideshow made (4!) they never made the one everybody wanted, a slave Taylor with a beard. You know... THE WAY HE LOOKED DURING MOST OF THE FILM!!! :banghead:banghead:banghead

I wouldn't hold my breath for a Hot Toys Taylor. If Sideshow hit a licensing snag with Heston's likeness then so will Hot Toys. And we don't want them to repeat the Alien Kane figure mistake, do we? It least he had a facehugger swap out head to use. :rolleyes:

If there is to be a second wave of Hot Toys Apes, I would bet we would get more Apes... perhaps a couple of chimps (Cornelius and Zira)and an orangutan (Zaius).

Back