DC DIRECT: Batman (Justice) 1:6 Scale Deluxe Collector figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Mike

In the Pixels
Reaction score
Even though the first one was loosely based on Ross' stylings they decided to go one better along with KC Supes.

bmjustice.jpg

Based on the best-selling twelve-issue comics series by Alex Ross.

When dreams and nightmares become reality, the Justice League of America fights to save the world and the reputation of heroes when the villains turn the tables of public opinion.

Informing the Justice League of an apocalyptic dream, Batman sets events in motion that will ultimately spell the defeat of the villains.

As with the Superman (Kingdom Come) 1:6 Scale Deluxe Collector figure, the Batman body has been extensively modified to reflect the unique style of a particular artist – Alex Ross's vision of Justice Batman.

The 13" high figure features 28 points of articulation, is packaged in a deluxe 4-color window box with a fifth panel and includes a display stand.

On sale December 1, 2010 priced at $99.99.

I wonder if this will kick off a full Justice line since it was their most extensive 6" before Blackest Night....

Looks very nice for DCD. They really seem to be stepping it up lately with their 13" figures. I may just have to pic this up and try a body swap. But he still just doesn't look like a $100 figure.

Another Batman? I guess the line really is dying. This one isn't all that different from the Jim Lee one either.

Another Batman? I guess the line really is dying. This one isn't all that different from the Jim Lee one either.

Actually if displayed next to one another they are really different:

bmjustice.jpg
0206_dcd_bats-782012.jpg

Headsculpt, Bodytype, symbology, belt, boots....what is the problem is that DCD for their first Batman tried to copy this look:

CP1335.jpg

Which was drawn by Jim Lee and painted over by Alex Ross.

I wouldn't consider another Batman or Superman for that matter a sign of the line dying, those two show up in lines that seem to have nothing to do with them, hell in the Blackest Night waves another Superman has been solicited even though he shows up in two panels and let's not forget the BL Batman who was in a total of three pages in the whole event. Batmans and Supermans are like Luke Skywalkers for the Star Wars lines here. If they do another Aquaman or Shazam then I'd consider the line dead but since they are going Alex Ross I wouldn't be surprised to see these done fairly soon:

Justice-box-set.jpg

Trinity is a given and GL will get a huge push in support of the movie as is DC's usual style which is unfortunate to a degree since I was hoping for more JSA and at least one other Earth Lantern in modern togs instead of stylized figures...

Looks awesome, just the figure I'm wanting but WHYYYYYYY are they 13"?

How many 1/6 collectors have been turned off this line because of the scale? I know I have. Stupid DCD.

Looks very nice for DCD. They really seem to be stepping it up lately with their 13" figures. I may just have to pic this up and try a body swap. But he still just doesn't look like a $100 figure.

Agreed!!! If I can get this guy for $75-80 I'll probably pick it up for the much needed Batman figure.(Outside of TDK figures I have)

How many 1/6 collectors have been turned off this line because of the scale? I know I have. Stupid DCD.
For me, the quality is a bigger turn-off than the size difference, though both are definitely negatives. I'm not digging this new Batman's look, personally. I like the original one much better.

These outfit's and HS,hands,feet/boots can be put on the 12"Jakk's wrestling figures bodies (I've done 2 so far) and it looks great! It's just a shame to have to drop $80-$100 just to fix them up though. I'll have to keep an eye out for any clearance figures to chop up.

Looks awesome, just the figure I'm wanting but WHYYYYYYY are they 13"?

I used to be until you get a few in your collection and see that they display well together and that's it. Its sort of like Medicoms in with Sideshow or Sideshow in with Hot Toys for that matter, the differences are clear but stop being troublesome if you have just one or a few. The trouble seems to be when people have only three or four because they stick out.

CSC is offering this as a preorder for 83.00. I usually get my DCD 13 around the price range of 50 - 60 on ebay but I didn't want to risk that "limited run" thing.

I agree, Mike. I have about 16 of these and they display quite well.

That's a pretty cool Batman, I would totally buy it if I didn't have the classic Batman. I try to limit myself to not get too many of mutliple characters.

If they do another Superman there's a decent chance I'll buy it. I'm not really a fan of Superman, but since I started reading the Batman Superman tpb's I feel like Batman needs his buddy. They have an interestng dynamic.

I used to be until you get a few in your collection and see that they display well together and that's it. Its sort of like Medicoms in with Sideshow or Sideshow in with Hot Toys for that matter, the differences are clear but stop being troublesome if you have just one or a few. The trouble seems to be when people have only three or four because they stick out.

I agree they look good together, but I'd really like to display them with other 1/6 figures I have.

Back