Battlestar Galatica Qmx blackbird news

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tnaig001

Super Freak
Reaction score
Guys, just caught a glimpse of something that is to come. People start saving your $$$! :chew:chew

https://www.aintitcool.com/node/44662

credit for pics from website above :)

qmblackbird1.jpg

qmblackbird2.jpg

qmblackbird3.jpg

qmblackbird4.jpg

qmblackbird5.jpg

qmblackbird6.jpg

qmblackbird7.jpg

Last edited:
You know, the moment I saw that, I thought of you :lol

Thing is, if I read it right, isn't this some 'house edition', like only 40 made, so I'm not so sure one could buy it, even if you wanted too.

Unless of course, a more general version is coming.

This is going to hurt our wallets.

By the way, do you have any info about price for the new Qmx Star Trek enterprise?

WTF I JUST MET THE PRESIDENT LAURA ROSLIN HERSELF MARY MACDONELL ON SUNDAY!!!! WHY DIDN'T THIS COME OUT EARLIER!!??

I would have gotten her to autograph my piece!!

By the way, do you have any info about price for the new Qmx Star Trek enterprise?

They really haven't said any more about that since SDCC and I bet I know why. Serenity has been more involved and taken longer then they expected and the last thing they wanted was to have two big ship replica builds going on at the same time.

I'd say they will wait till most of the Serenity pre-orders are all taken care of and it's slowed down or about to slow down to a minor trickle of orders. Then they will look to get things seriously moving on the Enterprise.

This is of course just my guess work, but I don't expect much to happen with the Enterprise for another 6 months or so.

You know, the moment I saw that, I thought of you :lol

Thing is, if I read it right, isn't this some 'house edition', like only 40 made, so I'm not so sure one could buy it, even if you wanted too.

Unless of course, a more general version is coming.

Yup. the 40 are in house editions. However, the writer seemed to implying that a more general release might be forth-coming if there were enough interest.

I'm hoping he's not whetting our appetite without some clue that a general release was a high possiblity :D

Anyhow, i figure this piece is probably going to cost as much if not more than the raider, so i'm going to start saving all the $$ i can muster :D

Yeah, there was a little wink wink, nudge nudge in the writing and I'd say, if you haven't already, and email to QMx to say you want one would be a good idea.

I'd think that if it was a fair size and had lighting, etc, then yes, I'd expect it to be around the same or a bit more then the raider. Safe to say that no matter what, it wouldn't be cheaper.

Does it have Laura written on the front? I see something there but it does not look like writing... It would definitely be an awesome ship to release.

not sure of that m8. will have to wait for higher res pics. :eek:

They really haven't said any more about that since SDCC and I bet I know why. Serenity has been more involved and taken longer then they expected and the last thing they wanted was to have two big ship replica builds going on at the same time.

I'd say they will wait till most of the Serenity pre-orders are all taken care of and it's slowed down or about to slow down to a minor trickle of orders. Then they will look to get things seriously moving on the Enterprise.

This is of course just my guess work, but I don't expect much to happen with the Enterprise for another 6 months or so.

Thanks, guru. I'm pretty sure it's going to be INSANELY expensive but man, I'm in love with the new design of the Enterprise.

Thanks, guru. I'm pretty sure it's going to be INSANELY expensive but man, I'm in love with the new design of the Enterprise.

Yep, saw the Enterprise and immediately signed up for the newsletter. I'm going to do everything I can to get that.

Just got an email on this. PO is the 23rd --- $1200. Looks nice, but I don't think I'll be able to swing this one. Only 40 is making it tempting though :lol

Not as bad a price as I expected - and I really like the diorama aspect of it. And only 40 - I'm not an ESwhore, but that makes it a bit more tempting, even for me.

Not as bad a price as I expected - and I really like the diorama aspect of it. And only 40 - I'm not an ESwhore, but that makes it a bit more tempting, even for me.

come on dave, do it! :whip

you know this will look great with the raider :wacky

I'm going to be on tetherhooks till i land the order :lol

I'm sorry.. but that is just recockulous for a model.. i don't care if jesus painted it. They could sell the crap out of these things if they made an affordable version. But sadly, they seem to be catering only to the pillsbury dough boys lately. And with the mk ii and vii also in my sights? Not a chance i'm gonna drop like 5 grand on a few models.

I know a lot of you can afford this. But obviously I can't. And it just seems like a really stupid move if a regular edition of this doesn't come out at some point. *sigh*

I'm just bitter though. Couldn't afford the raider either.

*goes back to playing with his titaniums*

Well this news came out sooner then I expect, I guess they are going ahead with 'retail' sales of their house editions. It's not even too bad a price and a reasonable physical size. Best of luck tnaig, no doubt this one won't last long.

Mind you, they better build my BDR before they even think of starting to make theses...

Well this news came out sooner then I expect, I guess they are going ahead with 'retail' sales of their house editions. It's not even too bad a price and a reasonable physical size. Best of luck tnaig, no doubt this one won't last long.

Mind you, they better build my BDR before they even think of starting to make theses...

I hear you there m8. But its plausible they might have a different team working on these.

Makes sense from a business point of view to have rotating teams to keep things fresh.

We'll see. I was wondering if i should ask if they could make the dradis light up but actually like the wirelessness of it all.

any opinions on this? :eek:

Back