Clear ALIEN head?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was the first one. For the second it was cheaper (or so I heard) to remove the dome. The third one on returned the dome but made it opaque.

Here's a photo of one of the original Alien heads from 1979. Giger used a real human skull, by the way.

Yeah, Geiger liked using real human bones. Go figure.

Here's a shot of the Geiger head with his dome on.

Last edited:
gdb said:
It was the first one. For the second it was cheaper (or so I heard) to remove the dome. The third one on returned the dome but made it opaque.

I heard the same.

The transparent dome from Alien kept braking. So for Aliens (a lot more aliens and doing a lot more movment, etc) they got rid of the dome.

I think I heard that on the DVD box set... great set! :cool: And my set came in an Alien head!

PsychoCenobite :horror

Mookeylama said:
aren't they all Giger Aliens?

Just the ones pictured in this thread. When they made the first movie they hired H.R. Geiger, an artist by trade, to design most of the effects in the movie.

That pretty much was it for his relationship with the franchise.

After that the rights owner has hired someone else for each film, each leaving their mark on the species if not completely reimagining it.

My Alien head on my tv:

theatertv-vi.jpg

bigalienhead4-vi.jpg

sideshowpdx said:
My Alien head on my tv:
Beautiful! My wife allows me to have almost anything in our house. That's not one of them. Are you getting the new one?

Batty said:
Beautiful! My wife allows me to have almost anything in our house. That's not one of them. Are you getting the new one?

Get a dedicated Theater Room brother!!! :) (my wife doesn't go in there) Oh yeah, I've got the Alien Warrior on order... I just sold around $3K worth of SS stuff on ebay last week so I'm upgrading to Premium Format and the 1:1 stuff only.. :)

theater1-vi.jpg

gdb said:
Just the ones pictured in this thread. When they made the first movie they hired H.R. Geiger, an artist by trade, to design most of the effects in the movie.

That pretty much was it for his relationship with the franchise.

After that the rights owner has hired someone else for each film, each leaving their mark on the species if not completely reimagining it.
And by effects what exactly do you mean?

Giger did design work such as the Alien planet envrionment, Derelict spacecraft, the eggs, facehugger and of course the the full-grown Alien itself.

Mookeylama said:
can i live in that room^?

Kinda funny you bring this up. We just sold our house and we're set to close on March 16th. The person that's buying our place is a single mom and her 16 year old kid loved the room. I offered to sell the room AS-IS, minus my movie props, movie posters and dvd movies... I'm including the tv, sofa, coffee tables, all components, speakers, component rack, stainless fridge, etc.
To make a long story short,,, this room is going to be a 16 year olds room. He's going to put his bed where the red bean-bag is in the picture and he's good to go. He'll be the coolest kid on the block for sure....
Wait until you see my next theater room. :) I'm interviewing Home Theater Install companies right now.

NSFolsom said:
And by effects what exactly do you mean?

Giger did design work such as the Alien planet envrionment, Derelict spacecraft, the eggs, facehugger and of course the the full-grown Alien itself.

I believe he was hired to handle all of the alien effects but due to his failure to meet certain deadlines had an increasing number of responsibilities taken away from him such as the chestburster. I don't think he was hired to do the Nostromo and the like but I'm far from an authority. If you're looking for more info, the net should prove useful. :D

Last edited:
Back