Force FX Lightsabers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth Loki

Super Freak
Reaction score
I just want to know how cool these things are. I see them on eBay all the time and never really paid them any attention but they do seem cool. Are they worth the $100 it'd take to get one?

Yes, they are worth it. The Darth Vader ones can be found cheaper than 100 at Best Buy and Suncoasts if you have them.

I finally saw an open one at Suncoast last week and was surprised how cheap the chrome on the hilt looks, almost toy like. I didn't get to play with it though, so I couldn't comment on the lights and sounds.

I've got four (Mace, Luke, Vader, Anakin) and I cannot wait to get Maul's. So I guess to me they're cool enough. And most people I've showed them to were pretty impressed by them. As for it looking like a toy, well I guess you could say it does if you compare it to an actual replica, but they are heavy and I wouldn't say toy-like at all.

I don't know about Best Buy and Suncoast, but Borders and Gamestop have one on display if they have them in stock. I'd take a look at them if you can to make your own decision since everyone is different on what they like and don't like.

I had one in my hands at Besy Buy when I was doing my Christmas shopping. The weekend after Thanksgiving, they were marked down to $50, and I had a $5 coupon, so I could have picked one up for $45, but I forced myself to keep out of yet another line of collectibles. Once you start down that path, forever will it dominate your destiny!

I have 5 of them up for sale on the site Darth Maul Mace, Luke ROTJ, Anakin, and Darth. I wish they made these when I was 7. Click the Banner to check out the new Darth Maul.

Tom you won't regret it, they are truly awesome. I use them as flashlights, nightlights, to scare the neighbor's cat...

101 uses!

I was on the fence about them until I actually held one and turned it on. I love the power on/off sound effects. Now I have the Vader and Anakin sabers.

These things are awesome.
I personally own 4 of them and will be keeping a Darth Maul version. So far everyone that has every held one of them as been impressed and most have bought them (even my wife likes them, and that is saying a lot).

Darkshadowcollectibles said:
These things are awesome.
I personally own 4 of them and will be keeping a Darth Maul version. So far everyone that has every held one of them as been impressed and most have bought them (even my wife likes them, and that is saying a lot).

They are pretty sweet Adam. I don't actually own any of them but whenever I go into a store and see them I'm always messing with them. I do get some looks like what a dork but I don't care they are fun. I'll have to keep my Dad from messing with the Maul saber he likes them too.

I'm gonna hit the mall today to see if I can find one to check out. But you guys are making me want to get at least the Vader and Luke, and the Maul looks awesome too.:google

Darth Loki said:
I'm gonna hit the mall today to see if I can find one to check out. But you guys are making me want to get at least the Vader and Luke, and the Maul looks awesome too.:google

You must.
The Anakin and Luke ROTJ are currently my favorites. Maul will blow them away I am sure.

I have Vader (ESB), Luke (ESB & ROTJ) - and they are REALLY cool! The newer versions are much improved too, taking only 3 AA batteries and having much brighter blades. :lightsabe

I bought the ESB Vader and actually broke my ceiling fan with it!!:horror

My wife was peeved. But it still looks awesome. I don't regret the purchase one bit. Wish I had Anakin's to go with it. Sadly, all my money is tied up in PPO Heaven/Hell.

And we got a new fan for X-mas. Almost burned down the apartment hooking it up!:joy

Even the Mace, which is the most distorted from the screen prop is great. Everyone I have is a different color - green, blue, red, purple. They'd make really cool sconces I think.

I bought the Anakin AOTC version while in Japan a few years ago and was super impressed by them. And back then, the saber handle was far bigger and clunkier. Now with the slimmer hilts, they are even better. I've been meaning to get some more of them, but have been holding out for certain ones...

The Maul version is flat out gonna rock. Now if they would make an Obi-Wan it would be perfect...

Wow! Went into Spencer's and they have Luke (ROTJ), damn that thing's cool. They have Vader for $90 at Gamestop so I'm gonna trade in some games and old movies and get it for dirt cheap. Luke's was $100 but damn cool. Gonna have to think about that one.

Back