Major League Baseball 2010

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grenouille

Super Freak
Reaction score
The other pro leagues have a thread. So how about baseball?

Let's go Sox!!!

Crazy game so far tonight. Pap about to come in, hopefully he's more '08 than '09 out there.

I like how the ESPN guys picked the Yankees for the World Series already. And they wonder why so many people don't watch their baseball coverage, including me.

My team, The Indians, don't stand a chance this year, or any year until the owner sells the team. He killed it. :(

I like how the ESPN guys picked the Yankees for the World Series already. And they wonder why so many people don't watch their baseball coverage, including me.

My team, The Indians, don't stand a chance this year, or any year until the owner sells the team. He killed it. :(

Thankfully NESN was covering the game tonight so no ESPN for this evening. It's going to strange seeing Nomar there this year. Based on his feelings on the media during his playing days I definitely didn't see him joining it.

The Indians are a strange club. They had that great run in the 90s and came within a game of the WS in '07, but fell off the map again selling everything off. I feel bad for the fan base, but I think Mark Shapiro is still sharp enough to pull something together in a few years.

Thankfully NESN was covering the game tonight so no ESPN for this evening. It's going to strange seeing Nomar there this year. Based on his feelings on the media during his playing days I definitely didn't see him joining it.

The Indians are a strange club. They had that great run in the 90s and came within a game of the WS in '07, but fell off the map again selling everything off. I feel bad for the fan base, but I think Mark Shapiro is still sharp enough to pull something together in a few years.

He's had many chances and has blown it. They won't keep good players when their contracts are up for renewal. (examples: CC and Victor) Grady will be the next to go and that will nail the coffin shut. We've become a rehab team for hurt players. If you're in the minors or are washed up and will play for cheap, come to Cleveland.

It's all about money now. Our owner Dolan has said he won't give a pitcher more than a 2 year contract and they've given great players away for a bag of balls. Dolan's cable company is hurting, he's not a baseball guy and blames the fans for the teams troubles. We all hate their management here.

It's all about money now. Our owner Dolan has said he won't give a pitcher more than a 2 year contract and they've given great players away for a bag of balls. Dolan's cable company is hurting, he's not a baseball guy and blames the fans for the teams troubles. We all hate their management here.

This sounds very much like the Red Sox after Jean Yawkey died. The team was put into a trust and was very frugal with spending and trying to leverage Boston into the pipe-dream that was New Fenway Park.

It wasn't until they knew that the team was going to be sold that they started giving out big contract to guys like Pedro and Manny.

Dolan is close to 80 maybe selling is in the near future?:huh

Depending on health I like my Cards chances of doing something this year. Our lineup is pretty darn solid with some guy named Pujols holding it down and the staff with Carp, Wainrwright, Penny. My Royals though suck but hey we have Greinke. :lol

brewers.jpg

A lot of projections for the Rockies to do something this year. Its going to be a long season so I'm trying not to get my hopes to high so I can enjoy it.

This could be a fun year for the Mariners as long as Cliff Lee can come back and stay healthy.

the reds look good this year

The uniforms? That's it...

Same crap with them, they'll have a sub par to mediocre year. Votto is ok, a few other every day players are decent, but overall, they are garbage, the pitching staff has live arms, but nothing to sustain prolonged success and lets be real, MIL and St Louis are just better clubs...

Cincy -- PFFFFT!

This could be a fun year for the Mariners as long as Cliff Lee can come back and stay healthy.

No pop in that line-up, but potentially, a lot of guys that can get on base and make like hell for opposing catchers (Ichiro, Chone et.). I like Franklin G., and a few other players on that roster, and they'll need some pop there, but overall, if King Felix can be dominant and be in the running for a Cy Young, get Cliff Lee healthy and doing a great job as a #2, they could surprise in s avery weak and up for grabs West. Anaheim took a step back, Texas has bats and some pitching, and every team there has holes.

Heyward in ATL will be a beast, I'm looking for Roy H., and King Felix to win Cy Youngs, NYY, BOS, CHWS & ANA to make the playoffs. PHI, ATL, STL & LA to be in the NL post-season.

J.Manuel will be fired during or as soon as the season is over. Beltran will be traded, or some other Met to an AL contender. J.Johnson will be the runner up in the CY Young NL, CC Sabathia struggles a lot this year, JVazquez wont. Prince Fielder hits 50 HR, Albert Pujols has more RBIs and better avg (league leading).

A.Beltre will hit 25 HRs for the Red Sox. J.Ellsbury will steal 85 bases.

Keep the predictions coming...

I'm a Giants fan... I'm sure the pitching will be good but they'll need a few players to have career years with the bat to be an NL power. If the division can be won with 90 games I think we'll be right there though.

Back