Quantities going up.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

88th division

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed that while the exclusive edition numbers are going up and down, the regular editions have jumped with each release.

Jedi Luke 6500 pcs.

Anakin Skywalker 7000 pcs.

Obi Wan Kenobi 7500 pcs.

What are your thoughts?

He means going up from release to release not that the edition sizes are changing for each piece.

Jesse

88th division said:
Has anyone else noticed that while the exclusive edition numbers are going up and down, the regular editions have jumped with each release.

Jedi Luke 6500 pcs.

Anakin Skywalker 7000 pcs.

Obi Wan Kenobi 7500 pcs.

What are your thoughts?

I find it weird that they still havn't told us what Kit's edition size was even though its been Sold Out for 2 weeks now. I am guessing they are going up since with each new figure more and more people know about them and want them.

I find it strange that Anakin has an edition size of 7,000 and Obi-Wan has an edition size of 7,500...Does that mean that 500 people can't display their Obi-Wan® battling Anakin® on Mustafar™???

:rolleyes:

Well, Obi is a more popular character so some people that get him may not be intersted in Anakin :D

From what we seen so far I think Anakin is the best figure of the bunch followed closely by Obi.

Indiana Fett said:
I find it strange that Anakin has an edition size of 7,000 and Obi-Wan has an edition size of 7,500...Does that mean that 500 people can't display their Obi-Wan® battling Anakin® on Mustafar™???

:rolleyes:

Same for those that want Vader to face a Jedi Luke. Jedi Luke is going to become very valuable.

kierbaudy said:
I think they are reasonable edition sizes considering how popular the line is. No complaints really.

I agree. Plus, if they make more, technically the price should come down some, right? (yet I don't want a flood of these, though. They ARE collectibles.)

I think they'd have to double the number for the price to come down any. It is surprising that they set the Luke number so low before they knew what demand would be.

The numbers seem pretty conservative to me. I suspect that Sideshow decides how many they themselves can sell then let their retailers place their order and that's the size.

The numbers' upward swing probably indicates that the retailers are jumping on board.

Depending on Sideshow's business model, the more they sell, the more money they can give to R & D to create riskier figures, invest in different body types, etc. It' s my guess that the increased numbers will probably hedge against the prices going up, but until a lower price point can yeild a calculable increase in sales, they probably won't be going down any time soon.

Who cares if the regular edition is increasing? I'd rather had the exclusive editions start increasing to 2500 - 3000 or so. 7,000 for SDCC exclusives at the least!

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I don't care about the size as long as I get my completed figure and collection. The only way I see this happening is if sizes increase dramatically, just like the interest in the line. About 1/4 or more of a figure should be the exclusive version so most of the people that care about it, will get it.

In a perfect world, the exclusives will just end.

Last edited:
Buttmunch said:
Who cares if the regular edition is increasing? I'd rather had the exclusive editions start increasing to 2500 - 3000 or so. 7,000 for SDCC exclusives at the least!

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I don't care about the size as long as I get my completed figure and collection. The only way I see this happening is if sizes increase dramatically, just like the interesting in the line. About 1/4 or more of a figure should be the exclusive version so most of the people that care about it, will get it.

In a perfect world, the exclusives will just end.

I agree. I can understand that the nature of exclusives is good business for Sideshow, generating interest and all that. And a happy Sideshow is good for everyone.

But I value my figures on their qualities other than their scarcity or their eBay "value". The important thing to me is that I can get what I want and feel good about what I had to do or pay to get them.

Figure____________________Regular ES______ Exclusive ES

Jedi Luke Skywalker -------- 6500 -------------- 1250
Anakin Skywalker ----------- 7000 -------------- 1750
Obi-Wan Kenobi ------------ 7500 -------------- 1750
Jedi Master Kit Fisto -------- TBD --------------- 1250
Bespin Han ----------------- TBD --------------- 2000
Mace Windu, Jedi Master ---- TBD --------------- 1750

(This is from a thread I'm keeping over on the S&F board.)

What does this tell us? That Sideshow might have lowballed Luke a bit, but that was their first figure, so they were still testing waters. They've been pretty consistent ever since, keeping Kit Fisto cleverly low, and Han perhaps a tad high, but a healthy pattern seems to be emerging with the Exclusives.

As for the Regulars, I suppose they're still trying to find their bearings.

Don't forget Dr No Sean Connery had an edition of 17500. So I think we may see a return to this edition size with the Storm Troopers and dare I say it, Vader. Maybe not with Vader.

creecher said:
Don't forget Dr No Sean Connery had an edition of 17500. So I think we may see a return to this edition size with the Storm Troopers and dare I say it, Vader. Maybe not with Vader.

Yeah, for Vader and a few others they better make about 15,000.. that may be the only chance of me getting one.

The Edition Sizes are always an issue, so it seems. As far as I know, the SSC exclusives are just a way to motivate collectors to buy from Sideshow directly. But at the same time, they represent an exclusivity as such, since there is only a limited amount of these versions available. It would be less stressful to collect these Sideshow Exclusives, if there where more of them, that is true. But that would instantly make them less interesting to a lot of collectors, and to Sideshow Collectibles also. Where is the fun in driving a Rolls Roys, if everybody has one? I consider SSC to produce high end COLLECTIBLES, which is definitely not everybody's 'thang'. The alternative is mass production, things you can buy in about EVERY other toy store... Is that what you want? I don't. I pay a price for magnificent quality and a certain form of exclusivity. The Edition Sizes of the SSC 12" are fine with me.

Alice Adrenochrome said:
The Edition Sizes are always an issue, so it seems. As far as I know, the SSC exclusives are just a way to motivate collectors to buy from Sideshow directly. But at the same time, they represent an exclusivity as such, since there is only a limited amount of these versions available. It would be less stressful to collect these Sideshow Exclusives, if there where more of them, that is true. But that would instantly make them less interesting to a lot of collectors, and to Sideshow Collectibles also. Where is the fun in driving a Rolls Roys, if everybody has one? I consider SSC to produce high end COLLECTIBLES, which is definitely not everybody's 'thang'. The alternative is mass production, things you can buy in about EVERY other toy store... Is that what you want? I don't. I pay a price for magnificent quality and a certain form of exclusivity. The Edition Sizes of the SSC 12" are fine with me.

Perfectly said!!:D

well said AA, plus I'm pretty sure the edition size for the Dr. No Sean Connery was back when Sideshow sold stuff at retailers like Suncoast and that isn't the case anymore. So while it's possible for them to make that many, they probably won't anymore unless it is a very popular character like Vader. I don't think that's unreasonable, but I don't think they should up the edition size of a Vader or Fett too much, keep it at about 2500~3000.

Back