Hot Toys Mars Attacks, Up Cosbaby, and Marshall Rogers Batman B&W reviews

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
Sorry I missed my Sunday night update - I was in Akron, Ohio, and didn't get back til after midnight. But I'll try to make it up tonight by adding an extra guest review!

I'm looking at the Hot Toys Mars Attacks Martians, both of which I really, really like. This is probably partly due to how much I like the alien designs, but it's also because Hot Toys did such a quality job.

One guest review is from Jeff Parker, who's looking at another Hot Toys release - the Up Cosbaby vinyl figures.

The second guest review is from Dan Gates, who is covering the latest Batman Black and White statue, based on Roger Marshall's work. You can find all the reviews at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael
MWC

Great website! I'm not really interested some of the items but still read the reviews for most of the stuff. Where can I send the bill for the stuff your site and the guest reviewers made me buy?!

Nice review, these guys are a really nice addition to any 1/6th collection. So original in their design, the eye is just drawn to them. The eyes are simply brilliant - so much fun snapping them from side to side.

The only thing you missed was the collar on the Ambassadors robe - it has to be coiled up, not straight!!

mars_attacks.jpg

Dsc01810.jpg

Great little figures, a top effort from HT for the price.

If you were only going to get one of these which would it be? I really like the design but I'm torn between the two, which is stopping me from pulling the trigger.

Dang you beat me to it Mike, I'll be sending mine in later today.
Great figures.

ambheaddetail.jpg

facearticulation.jpg

ambfightready1.jpg

ambgundetail.jpg

2figs1.jpg

2figs2.jpg

2figs4.jpg

2figs5.jpg

2figs6.jpg

2figs7.jpg

I thought they were posed more than one way in the flick? I could have swore I saw them sticking out...but rolled up looks good too!

As to only buying one...I'd make that the Ambassador. You lose the rifle, but you can display him in or out of the robes.

Great review... I'm definitely going to get a soldier; love the design and I think he'll look awesome on my B-movie Sci-fi shelf :rock

So I noticed in some shots you can see red sparkles on the arms of the ambassador, and others not as much.

Do his robes flake a lot?

Like most speckles, when you first get the robe out and handle it they're everywhere. Not so much as the excess wears off.

As to only buying one...I'd make that the Ambassador. You lose the rifle, but you can display him in or out of the robes.
I am considering buying one, but am leaning toward the soldier because of the larger dome. It just looks cooler, IMO. Related to that I noticed, Michael, that you have no pics of the soldier with his dome on in your review.

Yeah, there is a little 'glitter transferance', but t's not too bad,
I have to say the as far as choosing which one out of the two, I find that quite a toughie.
The Ambassador has a bigger WOW factor, but the trooper is that bit more iconic with the wide helmet, gas tanks and the rifle... so if push came to shove, the trooper would win in my books.

I always preferred the look of the single trooper... but have to admit HT really did a great job translating the Ambassador's robes into 1/6.

I was waiting on a definitive review before I got the pair. Now that I finally have them I don't regret it. I might even buy another soldier. IMHO, I dont think the headsculpts need a repaint at all. I think its just the lighting on the posted pics (flash?) In your hands their perfect.

Since they can possibly expand on one or two more figures in this line, do you guys think they'll ever make a "leader" martian version? I'd definitely want a Lisa Marie/ Spy Martian first if anything. :)

Since they can possibly expand on one or two more figures in this line, do you guys think they'll ever make a "leader" martian version? I'd definitely want a Lisa Marie/ Spy Martian first if anything. :)

I wish they would! I'd get one of each!

Back