Probably the most expensive 1/6 star wars figure on the internet

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All of his stuff is AFA graded and very over priced I guess his collection was on display at comic-con a few years back. He has something like one of the biggest SW collections in the world aside from Steve Sansweet. Although that is a rare and awsome item, not many of those Boba's made it to the market. Only the Boba Fett and the IG-88 figures made it out to stores in ESB packaging that figure is worth that money if it was graded a AFA90.

A AFA graded puzzle, wow. . .

Lol. This guy is too much. Though, the puzzle itself is pretty cool and is technically the first Star Wars collectible ever made. The puzzles even preceded the figures and this specific one is number 1 from series 1. Kinda of cool to think that the Star Wars marketing empire originated from this simple puzzle. Also, was this not the exact same pose of the first PF.... Coincidence??

Here is my display:

Looks like most of those that sold were auctions w/relatively low starting costs as opposed to BINs with high values, though.

But as for his prices, it's his stuff, and his right to sell or not sell for whatever he wants to list them for. Maybe his expectations are unrealistic, but so what? Maybe he doesn't really want to sell some of those things unless someone offers him a ridiculously high amount. Is it better to keep those things off the market altogether? At least some rich collector who decides he wants an AFA graded sit-and-spin or whatever has an opportunity.

AFA does seem (or at least it did a few years ago) to garner high prices. I remember seeing the comparisons in Toyfare where you'd have a AFA graded figure selling for $3,000 when the non-graded was a few hundred.

And obviously the seller does good business as they have a perfect rating over over 1,600.

There are discounts when you have a store. I think with some store options, any BINs are a cheap, flat-rate. On top of that, EBay has been gradually moving toward further reducing their listing fees over the last couple of years. To the point where it almost costs nothing to list (they even give you free listings every month). Of course, final value fees are gonna kill you, but I guess that's a small price to pay if your $10,000 figure or whatever sells.

I've been selling on eBay for years, and I've found that collectors from any country other than Canada, England, and the U.S. will pay ridiculous prices for toy collectables. A perfect example would be the worthless Toybiz Golum figures I picked up reduced at Toys R Us a few years back. I paid something like 2.99 for each and sold them for like $40 or $50 bucks each to guys in Argentina, Spain, Egypt, and Taiwan.

In a nut shell, this guy will probably get what he's asking for his items (especially the Boba Fett), as long as he lists his auctions as worldwide...

Back