Where are the SDCC Sneak Peaks?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The SDCC Exclusive tease will be up next week (more specifically on March 31st).

-SideshowAlex

Not getting my hopes up after last years Joe monster let down

Not getting my hopes up after last years Joe monster let down

Guess if you consider last years figure a let down. Looks damn cool on myshelf.

Hoping for something like Tiger Stripe Duke honestly.

i am going cold turkey on any sneak peeks this year... i tried it last year for the first time and it made Comic Con so much more of an adventure discovering things within the showroom.

it isn't easy though.

Maybe concept art Firefly :dunno

Could be something like that. My guess is Duke cause he will have been out longer between now and the time the SDCC items are ready. Time wise I would guess that works out better. Since we don't know when exactly in Q2 Firefly ships.

I just don't want Sideshow doing 'cheap' variants. I'm still convinced CCC was Hasbros idea to go along with all of the other Crimson Con exclusives last year. The only 2 figures they had ready by Con time were CC and Snake Eyes. Would you have prefered a goggled Snake Eyes or a helmeted Cobra Commander? No, I think many would have been pissed by that. CCC is a good figure for what he is. The cape really saves him IMO. But now that the Joe line has some legs I'd like to see a better exclusive. Maybe a lesser know character or something like a Scarface trooper. A nice item to have, but not critical to the collection if missed, and not a quick and easy 'repaint' variant like CCC was.

I just don't want Sideshow doing 'cheap' variants. I'm still convinced CCC was Hasbros idea to go along with all of the other Crimson Con exclusives last year. The only 2 figures they had ready by Con time were CC and Snake Eyes. Would you have prefered a goggled Snake Eyes or a helmeted Cobra Commander? No, I think many would have been pissed by that. CCC is a good figure for what he is. The cape really saves him IMO. But now that the Joe line has some legs I'd like to see a better exclusive. Maybe a lesser know character or something like a Scarface trooper. A nice item to have, but not critical to the collection if missed, and not a quick and easy 'repaint' variant like CCC was.

Hasbro may have had a say in the decision. That being said the figure is nice and came out looking as nice as it could be. No, CC was ready and out by the time the Con came around. I took shots of my CC on May 27th of last year. I got him from BBTS which got theirs after direct orders from SS so my guess is CCC was long in the plans before he was announced. So Outside of doing SE or SS that leaves another trooper variant (could happen) along with say Tiger Stripe Duke. Either of those two latter options make sense as it would be a variant (something IMO con items should be) and something folks could miss and be ok with.

You don't do something like goggled SE or helmeted CC for a Con item. Those two renditions deserve their own figures as regular releases. Like I said a trooper variant or Tiger Stripe Duke (would be similar to CCC) make sense at least 2 me.

Uh.... that's pretty much what Scarface would be. :lol Just add two lines up the face of your Cobra Officer and BAM! Scarface. I think SDCC would be the perfect place for Trooper variants. A SAW Gunner, radio man, pointman, etc. IMO, we still don't have enough Joes to be doing duplicates or even 2nd versions yet.

That' said, I think Tomax and Xamot 2-pack would be a great con Ex. :lol

I think the sneak peak is gonna be the Baroness PF they already hinted at though.

Twins are a must. I think their outfits would look pretty kewl in 1/6.

Yup. I remember as a kid playing an Enter the Dragon "hall of mirrors" type thing with Snake Eyes and the twins. In that scenario, narrowly missing a fatal swipe of the katana, Snake Eyes ended up giving Xamot his scar. It'd be awesome to duplicate that in 1:6 with Sideshow releases.

Ya I think the con ex should be a new fig altogether, maybe not a main character but a new one at least. I dont buy this crap about upsetting people cuz they cant get one, order online just like any PPO.

Uh.... that's pretty much what Scarface would be. :lol Just add two lines up the face of your Cobra Officer and BAM! Scarface. I think SDCC would be the perfect place for Trooper variants. A SAW Gunner, radio man, pointman, etc. IMO, we still don't have enough Joes to be doing duplicates or even 2nd versions yet.

That' said, I think Tomax and Xamot 2-pack would be a great con Ex. :lol
I think the sneak peak is gonna be the Baroness PF they already hinted at though.

I'd be all over that!!

Yup. I remember as a kid playing an Enter the Dragon "hall of mirrors" type thing with Snake Eyes and the twins. In that scenario, narrowly missing a fatal swipe of the katana, Snake Eyes ended up giving Xamot his scar. It'd be awesome to duplicate that in 1:6 with Sideshow releases.

A friend of mine got the twins VERY early. I remember trading him for them the day his grandmother, who spoiled him, bought them. I had found one of those pens with a woman dressed in a swimsuit that when turned upside down left her nude, anyway that thing was priceless to a kid.... But not a cool as having Tomax and Xamot. :rock

Ya I think the con ex should be a new fig altogether, maybe not a main character but a new one at least. I dont buy this crap about upsetting people cuz they cant get one, order online just like any PPO.

Doing a brand new character NEVER goes over well. Even if they can order online it just ticks folks off. Just not a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back