Side by side photo comparison of Medicom Jack Sparrow vs Hot Toys Jack Sparrow?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ragacin

Super Freak
Reaction score
I KNOW for a darn tootin fact that I saw these photos on this very board some time ago and I cannot find them. Please posty :)

Hmmmmm...I know I have seen some on here too. It would be cool to have a thread full of comparisons of lots of figures.

I had this one saved. It's the best I can do I'm afraid...

jacksparrow.jpg

I was going to get the medicom Jack, and I'm SO glad I didn't now

If every a character needed the googly PERS eyes, it is he.

Not just that, but a more appropriate body style, a better tailored coat with proper buttons not glued on ones, real boots that allow for poseability and the once and for all definitive Johnny Depp Sparrow sculpt.

I skipped out on the Jacks previously, but if they do him right as Obsolete suggests, I will be hard pressed to pass him up. Not a huge fan of those movies, but he's definitely a great and memorable character. Probably my favorite Depp performance after Ed Wood.

I had this one saved. It's the best I can do I'm afraid...

jacksparrow.jpg

That was the photo I was thinking of. There were several of that. I did not want this to devolve into a Medicom VS debate, I just wanted to see that shots. I had the Medi one and was pleased, but they are generally too small to go with the other 1/6er's I have.

Ragacin, what do you mean 'debate?' Well, now that you mention it, uh, not much to debate. You have the Medi, fine. Buy the HT Cannibal jack and you'll understand...not much to debate...:naughty

Not just that, but a more appropriate body style, a better tailored coat with proper buttons not glued on ones, real boots that allow for poseability and the once and for all definitive Johnny Depp Sparrow sculpt.

The HT Slim body works perfect for Jack in my opinion, I've got both my HT Sparrow figures on it.

D.jpg

To finally have the definitive Jack, the coat should be a charcoal grey, even though the real coat is made of various tones, that'd sum it up well, certainly not black like Medicom or chocolate like Hot Toys' original. The tailoring could be better too, tighter on the upper body and arms and bell out below the waist with the right ammount of folds in the back of it. As far as the buttons, after Marcus Wright, there's no reason they can't do them right for Jack, other than the details on them, Marcus' are about right in scale and style.

99.jpg

HT also needs to make a smaller shirt for him, even on the full size TT body he comes with, the sleeves are way to big on the old shirts.

Another thing that needs improvement over the previous ones is the size of this baldric, you can't make it sit as low on him as it does in the movies.

And of course the right sculpt with PERS is important.

I do, a definitive Jack Sparrow figure is high on my want list, unfortunately having such a specific costume, there's no sourcing generic parts to try and customize him, so my hopes are resting on HT doing another and doing it right.

Back