Nintendo 3DS & 3DSXL General Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kabukiman

Greatest Person Ever
Reaction score
This is supposedly based on official info from Nintendo, and it cites a "release" a couple times, but I can't find a link to an official press release anywhere. :confused:

https://gizmodo.com/5499713/nintendo-3ds-what-we-know-so-far

At first I rolled my eyes at the 3D part. Then I saw the "no glasses required" part. :horror

Kotaku speculates it will work like this Japanese DSi game that uses the camera to track movement and adjusts the display accordingly:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/SWAg1s7xfz0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/SWAg1s7xfz0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="385"></embed></object>

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Nintendo 3DS

So, the video is a fake mockup by someone who isn't Nintendo, but this is what the system will do?

Am I correct in this.

And that demo is ____ing awesome!

So, the video is a fake mockup by someone who isn't Nintendo, but this is what the system will do?

Am I correct in this.

And that demo is ____ing awesome!

That video is actually what the the DSi is currently capable of doing. It's a game in the Japanese DSiWare service called "Rittai Kakushi e Attakoreda"

Kotaku is speculating that the 3DS could use similar tech.

Engadget is reporting on rumors that it could use Sharp's parallax barrier 3D LCD. https://www.engadget.com/2010/03/23/nintendo-3ds-to-come-with-3d-control-stick-vibration-and-sha/

Right now, what the 3DS uses is anybody's guess. The video above is what the DSi is currently capable of doing, so I'm guessing the 3DS would above and beyond that.

It's not a gimmick if it actually changes the way the game is played.

I haven't had the desire to buy a gameboy in years. I might actually buy this. That's damn cool! :cool:

Wow looks neat.
I'm currently on a DSi, won't be upgrading to a DSiXL don't see the point, but if this is a whole new innovative DS I might just pick it up

Yeah. This one might be the one that's actually worth getting if you already have an old DS or DS Lite (which I still use) though.

Nintendo has said the 3DS isn't just another version of the DS but is supposed to be the first of a new line of hardware. A successor, so to speak. Well, Nintendo, if that was the case, you probably should have chose a name for it that didn't contain "DS". :p

I find it odd that they would announce this now, especially considering the DSXL isn't even out yet! I wonder if this will affect sales of that particular version. Nintendo really should have waited until E3...

Nintendo comes out with a new DS system every year. Ridiculous.

it is simply good business... all the car companies come out with new models each year... most computer companies as well.

often, the changes are minor... an added camera... a resize... whatever it takes to keep attention in the marketplace.

it works. we are talking about it.

it is simply good business... all the car companies come out with new models each year... most computer companies as well.

often, the changes are minor... an added camera... a resize... whatever it takes to keep attention in the marketplace.

it works. we are talking about it.

A new car model every year is also ridiculous.

DSi XL isnt even out yet and they are already talking about a new model. You might as well wait. No need to have a room full of systems that you dont even play.

So many new DS models. I still just have my big blue one that I bought for $20 5 years ago.

Back