Waiting for the next Joe

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

preeny101

Super Freak
Reaction score
I am really loving this line and share the opinion of many on this board that this is far and away SSC's best license right now. But WTF? What ever happened to Duke? We are four figures deep in this back log now and I have them all on PO. I'm not complaining, just venting a little as I look at my shelves every night and imagine Duke, Flint, and Beachhead joining Snake Eyes in the battle against Storm Shadow, Cobra Commander, Cobra Troops and the as yet absent Firefly.
I also understand and appreciate that SSC's QC is holding these back, too. The attention this line is getting from even SSC shows it is probably their strongest license right now.
Bring'em on, Sideshow!

Yeah, it does get old waiting 9 months+ after a figure goes up for pre-order

Agreed. I'm just venting. I want the definitive version of these characters on my shelves and I am willing to wait. Doesn't mean I have to like it, though.:lol

To me it seems he has been delayed long enough, what could be so wrong that it took this long to correct and they haven't made any word on it either. The last Duke info was that he was supposed to ship in February. There was no mention of him being held back, if there was I never saw it.

To me it seems he has been delayed long enough, what could be so wrong that it took this long to correct and they haven't made any word on it either. The last Duke info was that he was supposed to ship in February. There was no mention of him being held back, if there was I never saw it.

You never saw it. He was moved back to Q2 I believe around Christmas time, or just a bit before.

the good thing about having only 1 joe to face the 5 cobra figures is that its Snake Eyes and he can handle them all!

the good thing about having only 1 joe to face the 5 cobra figures is that its Snake Eyes and he can handle them all!

The bad thing is that one of the Cobras is Storm Shadow and he'll give Snake Eyes a run for his money before blowing his cover to CC. So the display is unfortunately still lopsided.

the ineptitude of the cobra soldiers mitigates cobra commander, so really its SE vs SS.

Yes and no. Any idiot can fire a gun and get a lucky shot...:monkey3

060213_exp_CHENEY_HUNTING_E.jpg

preeny, is this sort of like the "Next Joe" thread?

Kind of, Skiman but I'm talking more about the release of the figures as opposed to announcements. A fine line, I know but I was just kind of putting it out there. Not badmouthing SSC or the line at all, quite contrary, I just can't wait to fill my shelves with more awesomeness.:D

Back