G.I. Joe Tease - and Crimson Guard Q&A

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

action-Jon

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Here is a collector question from recent ‘Ask Sideshow’ submission, complete with a cool sneak peek!:

When can we expect a 12-inch Cobra Crimson Guard?

You’ll see the Crimson Guard appear in a diorama first, but the CG will appear in the 12-inch line at some point in the future.

2e5irep.jpg

Sideshow Collectibles Blog Archive Ask Sideshow – G.I. Joe Tease!

Other Q&A

Q:Will G.I. Joe 12-inch Snake Eyes get a re-release with an improved, beefier body? The Prometheus body that was used gave Snake Eyes a skinnier frame and some people changed their minds from buying this figure because of that, including myself.

A:Yes, and no. We are developing a new Snake Eyes 12-inch figure, but we haven’t yet decided which version of the Pro body he’ll have. We like that Snake Eyes is a bit less robust than Duke or Flint but agree that he could use a little bit more bulk this time around. This is NOT a re-release of the original Snake Eyes figure – it is an all-new version.

Q:In your latest Q&A about G.I. Joe, you said you are looking into making a Firefly head sculpt with the classic camo pattern as a THRID head. What is the second head that is already being included? There is no info about a second head on his product page. And thank-you, thank-you, thank-you for responding to fans’ responses and even looking at including an unplanned head. Not every company would even bother with looking into it. While I’m very hopeful that the camo head will be included, I’m just glad to hear you looked into it. Thank you!

A:We are indeed working on the camo version of the head. We have paint samples, and we’re fine tuning them to best match the camo colors of the clothing before we reveal it. We made an error when we called it a ‘third’ head – it is in fact the second head – apologies for the confusion, and the original Q&A has been updated!

Q:In the Sideshow Collectibles Catalog Volume 11 that I received with the Sideshow Spooktacular 2009 kit, there’s a nice little write-up on Larry Hama on page 251 regarding G.I. Joe. The page features the covers of a few of the MARVEL Joe Real American Hero series as well as three of the original file cards. Maybe I’m reading into this too much, but the three file cards are Cobra Commander (made into a figure), Storm Shadow (made into a figure), and Snow Job. Is this a potential clue to an upcoming Joe figure? Again, I’m probably reading into it too much, but you guys have been known to leave little clues and teasers. I just found it intriguing that Snow Job would have been one of the file cards featured rather than Snake Eyes or Duke…

A:Good eyes! We are working on designs for our Snow Job figure, but he’s not going to be revealed anytime in the immediate future.

Last edited:
If they do a diorama with the Crimson Twins, I'll be hard pressed to pass it by.

I can't imagine that will be the case, though. Probably 2 Siegies fighting Duke or something. Or is the stupid Cobra throne in that pic supposed to be part of the dio? If it is Serpentor's chariot. . . :monkey4

After he started hitting the weights, but before he donned his wacky 80s eye blinders. Maybe he lost some muscle mass when he decided to turn his back on his commando ways and to pursue the path of the ninja.

Strange we'll get Cobra Commander on his throne with Crimson Guards in dio form before we get them in 1:6 scale. I guess they wanted to get the R&D out of that Cobra Throne. Can't wait for the dio of waypoint 12! :lol

Strange we'll get Cobra Commander on his throne with Crimson Guards in dio form before we get them in 1:6 scale. I guess they wanted to get the R&D out of that Cobra Throne. Can't wait for the dio of waypoint 12! :lol

And for that we owe thanks to all those who supported the diorama line. :rolleyes:

They cooked up the CG dio in the last couple of weeks since the Snake Eyes dio went up for preorder? Wow that was fast!

I don't know, it might be possible. It was just a computer 3D model they showed us and not a sculpt. That would seem to indicate that the sculpt hasn't been finished or even started yet. :dunno

They cooked up the CG dio in the last couple of weeks since the Snake Eyes dio went up for preorder? Wow that was fast!

The idea would've likely been scrapped altogether if sales on the SE dio had sucked butt. Additionally, this looks more like a rendering than a rough sculpt. Nice try though... it's still your fault. :p

Palisades was doing GI Joe statues, I don't think they ever really sold that well at all. I remember being at the Joecon several years back and seeing them heavily discounted. I actually have the Cobra Commander mini-bust.

Good news on the new Snake-Eyes. I'd like to see one more true to his 1985 v2 form. The current one is a mix of the v1 and v2.

Back