Addicted Please Help, Need Advise

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnnyr

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi Guys I have been here two days. I have always been a superhero guy and bought a few figures. Well I walked into a local shop yesterday Planning on buying the DC Direct Joker, well the UPS guy came in with the stores first Hot Toys figure it is not a high end place. Well I could not resist after comparing the two figures and I went on the computer to learn more. Well I have read this whole forum and I have been on ebay and I have bought the TDK DX02, Iron Man Mark 3 Battle Damage, Sideshow medicon spider-man comic style, Black Movie 3 style, and Peter Parker. I bought the Batman Returns Cowl pre-order and I bought a Hot Toys Bat-Pod a few minutes ago. I can't be stopped I have the Sideshow Snake Eyes already I don't think there is anyone else I want. I cannot wait to be able to pre-order so I do not have to pay the inflated prices from Hong Kong but I did not want to wait long. I have a few questions. How long does shipping take from Hong Kong? Do you usually pre-order or buy as soon as you can get a figure? I' am feeling that I am sticking with this hobby now as well as replica props, I have the Snake Eyes Sword from the G.I. Joe Movie and Darth Vaders light saber. But I love the detail on these figures now I am thinking I need another TDK so I can put one on the Bat-Pod and display one with the sonar head and backpack what do you think? Thanks for letting me vent and the help you have all given me. I think I will be around a lot now lol.

hey - first of all welcome to the board to answer your q's HK shipping usually takes 7-10 days depending on the reliability of the seller also about preorders - i personally wait till the figure comes out so i know exactly when i'm getting it because the preorder date can really vary - and i am an impacient fellow =) hope this was help and once again - welcome aboard

Hi Guys I have been here two days. I have always been a superhero guy and bought a few figures. Well I walked into a local shop yesterday Planning on buying the DC Direct Joker, well the UPS guy came in with the stores first Hot Toys figure it is not a high end place. Well I could not resist after comparing the two figures and I went on the computer to learn more. Well I have read this whole forum and I have been on ebay and I have bought the TDK DX02, Iron Man Mark 3 Battle Damage, Sideshow medicon spider-man comic style, Black Movie 3 style, and Peter Parker. I bought the Batman Returns Cowl pre-order and I bought a Hot Toys Bat-Pod a few minutes ago. I can't be stopped I have the Sideshow Snake Eyes already I don't think there is anyone else I want. I cannot wait to be able to pre-order so I do not have to pay the inflated prices from Hong Kong but I did not want to wait long. I have a few questions. How long does shipping take from Hong Kong? Do you usually pre-order or buy as soon as you can get a figure? I' am feeling that I am sticking with this hobby now as well as replica props, I have the Snake Eyes Sword from the G.I. Joe Movie and Darth Vaders light saber. But I love the detail on these figures now I am thinking I need another TDK so I can put one on the Bat-Pod and display one with the sonar head and backpack what do you think? Thanks for letting me vent and the help you have all given me. I think I will be around a lot now lol.

Yeah, once you see how amazing the high end stuff is, it's hard to stop buying!

Enjoy your time here!
:duff

I went on a rampage myself when I started collecting too. I know how it feels. Just don't let your collection be a burden to you, or you'll lose stuff that can't be bought, like friends and family.

I bought another Mar 3 Battle Damaged tonight because I want to show one in good condition with the repulsors out. And one battle damaged with the shoulder missles and the right arm shied and forearm missle. Also with the scratched head and beat up chest piece. I did not have a regular Mark 3 so I want one with just a bit of wear. I am going to put the flaps out on one i do not know which yet what do you think?

Hey welcome been collecting for a little over a year. Just posted my first post a day or two. Also be very careful when ordering from Ebay and HK I don't have the link but it was in the last newsletter. It talks about SSC fakes that are being sold from asia. I know its addicting. Again welcome

I bought another Mar 3 Battle Damaged tonight because I want to show one in good condition with the repulsors out. And one battle damaged with the shoulder missles and the right arm shied and forearm missle. Also with the scratched head and beat up chest piece. I did not have a regular Mark 3 so I want one with just a bit of wear. I am going to put the flaps out on one i do not know which yet what do you think?

Dude why o why did you buy 2 mark 3 battle damages and display both?? with Ironman 2 figures just around the corner ..war machine possibly being shown fully in a few days ..u said u need advice and help ..well imo what your doing is silly ..and i know your not the only one ..ive seen people with multiples of the 1 figure ..its daft imo ..however i can understand keeping one 4 display and one sealed.

well I did not have a regular Mark 3 and I liked this one better then the perfect one. But I also wanted to show one with the shield and everything else deployed. I bought a Hot Toys Superman today I would like to find someone to paint his head.

Thats what happened to me as well! I try not to even come on this site unless I'm actually ready to buy something because once I see them its gonna happen anyways! :)

Hi Guys I have been here two days. I have always been a superhero guy and bought a few figures. Well I walked into a local shop yesterday Planning on buying the DC Direct Joker, well the UPS guy came in with the stores first Hot Toys figure it is not a high end place. Well I could not resist after comparing the two figures and I went on the computer to learn more. QUOTE]
WOWWWW that is EXACTLY how I got started...cept I bought the DCD joker to :D

hi everyone. i must say sideshow is really addicting. just started very recently and my first purchase was the tusken raider..
and now.. i feel the need to catch up and get the important characters that we missed and chasing them outside.

i wonder if where i can get the darth vader exc with the mouse droid..

people in ebay disappointed me.. won one bidding, paid for it and he refunded it saying there was damage upon packing.
oh well. i hope sideshow will make a new version of vader PF.

Back