Custom commando snake eyes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Even though I like SS SE, I have always been a fan of the original. I decided to make my own.. I didnt want to put too much stuff on him since the original was very plain. I didnt give him a sword because the original didnt have one. The head is damaged Cobra Officer I got from my brother and sculpted the balistics mask on it.

img0156f.jpg

img0158n.jpg

img0165s.jpg

img0163u.jpg

img0161ca.jpg

img0160u.jpg

Last edited:
I broke all mine years ago.... Never bought one for my current, adult, collection aside from the 25th anni version.

So here's a better question, did you own a straight arm version? I had straight arm versions of all the original green shirts.... I can still remember my buddy getting the VAMP and his Clutch having Swivel Arm action... Straight arm Joe figures became expendable after that... :(

I broke all mine years ago.... Never bought one for my current, adult, collection aside from the 25th anni version.

So here's a better question, did you own a straight arm version? I had straight arm versions of all the original green shirts.... I can still remember my buddy getting the VAMP and his Clutch having Swivel Arm action... Straight arm Joe figures became expendable after that... :(

Yea I had all the SA because that's exactly whenever I started with them 1982 but even then whenever I went back and purchased some better condition Joe's I always went SA version unless it was a 83 character where they added the swivel action to them.

I can still remember my for brothers birthday one year my aunt bought him around 15 various Joes. He was into Transformers at that point (still is, has a massive collection room full of just about everything Transformers) so he didn't have much interest in them. Anyway, there was a SA Original Snake-Eyes in the group that I claimed for my own. I'm pretty sure I ended up with all of them but there was no way I was waiting to get my hands on a brand spanking new Snake-Eyes... Still one of my all time favorite toys.

Maybe I should pick up a vintage SE loose?

I can still remember my for brothers birthday one year my aunt bought him around 15 various Joes. He was into Transformers at that point (still is, has a massive collection room full of just about everything Transformers) so he didn't have much interest in them. Anyway, there was a SA Original Snake-Eyes in the group that I claimed for my own. I'm pretty sure I ended up with all of them but there was no way I was waiting to get my hands on a brand spanking new Snake-Eyes... Still one of my all time favorite toys.

Maybe I should pick up a vintage SE loose?

They are not badly priced, around the $40-$60 area.

lol, Broken crotch sucked too... But I can deal with that over double broken thumbs.

What were you talking about, Ski? Broken rubber band?

The bands were easily replaced with sink washers. The crotch was also an easy fix as there was plenty of surface area for glue to hold. But the thumbs, once broken, meant your Joe would suffer the amputation because even reglued, they never held for ____.

Back