Up in price

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which ones do you think will go up in price?

• Total voters

bearmodel

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi!

There are those few Sideshow pieces that went up in price inexplicably. We don't know for sure why someone pays $1500 for a $325 sculpt such as Dr Doom PF or Iron Man Comiquette. But we know that once in a while it happens that something just jumps in price on Ebay as long as someone is willing to pay for it.

Recently we had Patient Zero Exclusive that sold for as much as $750 on Ebay. Great if you only paid the original price of $280.

So, looking back the past year, which pieces do you guys think it will be worth a lot in the near future? Of course this is random and not a scientific poll, just our collector opinion and maybe hope, if you own one of these...

Cheers

Bear

Great thread. I always try to speculate on the pieces value in a few years. It seems almost impossible to gauge. I think PZ Ex. is a strong contender. The Marvel stuff always does good, but the prints ruin the EX. IMO, and that stops alot of them from being sought after. But there are some good Ex's coming out for Marvel fans. I think the Elektra white will do good over time.

The ES has alot to do with it. But, we have seen alot of faux bronze with a low ES that does not increase much in the market. I think the Donatello will be a future contender.

So, if I am picking out of the stuff from the last year or so..

Patient Zero Ex.
Elektra - White
Donatello Ex.
Creature Bust SSE - even though it took a long time to sell out

Edit: I replied before the poll went up.

I voted TMNT.

Mystique Comiquette - no, High ES

Undying Carcass EX PF - no, Gory,High ES

Wolverine EX PF- maybe captain status in a year?

Sabertooth EX PF- not gonna happen

Venom Comiquette - grail if EX wasn't a print

Punisher Comiquette- shorty gets no love

Wyatt Earp PF - EX maybe will fetch a few hun more over time

TMNT Comiquette - 500 ES for a million TMNT fans! Grail~

Classic Iron Man Exclusive- Potential, eightball says "unforseen"

Berserker EX PF- Should, but will prob not even get Lurtz prices

These are my views and do not reflect on anyone else. :peace

Last edited:
I think the TMNT will be very sort after pieces

That might just be me but I don't understand how popular TMNT pieces are. I grew up watching them and i think they are well done, but in comparison with other pieces Sideshow does, I don't think they are that great. They are cartoony for Pete's sake.....

However, for some strange reason, I agree that they will go up in price considerably.....

Collectors are funny sometimes.....

I'm surprised that no one so far thinks that the new Punisher Comiquette is going up in the future....

TMNT - cartoony? :lol I'm more impressed with my new Donatello than any other piece in my Sideshow collection thus far, except for maybe PZ. Perhaps Donny will be eclipsed by the impending Aliens maquette for me. But as of right now, he's tops. And we're already seeing prices for the exclusive at well into the high 300's. That's double already.

That might just be me but I don't understand how popular TMNT pieces are. I grew up watching them and i think they are well done, but in comparison with other pieces Sideshow does, I don't think they are that great. They are cartoony for Pete's sake.....

However, for some strange reason, I agree that they will go up in price considerably.....

Collectors are funny sometimes.....

Which makes them even more popular,i simply love those Comiquettes simply because they reminds me of these Toys from my childhood,same angry expression and white eyes:

Seeing how the quality of the Evil Queen PF came out A+ I think that might see a nice increase.

Hi!

There are those few Sideshow pieces that went up in price inexplicably. We don't know for sure why someone pays $1500 for a $325 sculpt such as Dr Doom PF or Iron Man Comiquette. But we know that once in a while it happens that something just jumps in price on Ebay as long as someone is willing to pay for it.

Recently we had Patient Zero Exclusive that sold for as much as $750 on Ebay. Great if you only paid the original price of $280.

So, looking back the past year, which pieces do you guys think it will be worth a lot in the near future? Of course this is random and not a scientific poll, just our collector opinion and maybe hope, if you own one of these...

Cheers

Bear

...I know why, becuase its awesome.
Didn't vote, I don't think any you listed will be huge gains in the future (IMO)

Last edited:
...I know why, becuase its awesome.
Didn't vote, I don't think any you listed will be huge gains in the future (IMO)

Well, there are a lot of great pieces out there that did not go up in price, so that is up for discussion....

I just think that some great pieces might not go up in price and some might, I don't really care either way cause I just love the stuff I have, but I want to find out what you guys think.....

And yes, TMNT are cartoony but I don't have a problem with that, just surprised that as popular they are, the value would go up so much considering other great pieces we grew up with like evil queen or Indiana Jones PF are not going up as fast....

At the end of the day, as long as everybody is happy with what you have, that is all it matters...

Happy collecting :D

Bear

I think Venom will be up there just cause its prolly the best comi produced to date imo, and then with the Carnage and Spidey coming out, that will increase the value. Even though the print sucks, a lot of ppl will still buy it just because. The ex. wont factor into the equation, in general, this piece will be in demand.

The Sideshow Wolf bio has jumped tremendously recently and that has an ES of 1,000 and I think it will hold its value.

Eventually, when the Predalien bust sells out, she will be very hard to come by, Extremely awesome piece with a descent ES, this will at least double in price in the long run. Once ppl get her in their home, they wont want to deal with shipping her cause shes so big, so I dont see a lot of these hitting ebay.

I think the TMNT EX except Raphael will sell very well.

What mostly determines if something will sell well?
I am sure the quantity and demand do but what besides those?

What is considered a low production?

425 seems fairly low compared to most I have seen (sorry I am new to this)

I have a Wolverine exclusive PF figure on order, and I am thinking about potential resale value to help pay for my other collectibles. When do the Marvels usually increase? A year, two years?

Back