Tonner Making Firefly dolls?!?!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Protozaius

Chief Defender of Faith
Reaction score
I read this today about the upcoming 2010 Tonner Convention:

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Browncoats’ Breakfast -

(Breakout Event $165 - requires separate ticket purchase) BREAKFAST EVENT - Browncoats, Smugglers, Shepherds and Companions gather in a secret location from The Alliance to revel in the cult phenomenon known as ‘Firefly’. Joss Whedon’s blended science fiction and western sub cultures play into the highly original Fox Television Series and its subsequent Universal Pictures film ‘Serenity’. Robert Tonner invites you to his latest pop-culture partnership as he presents your very special Inara Serra souvenir and the debut of Malcolm Reynolds to the Tonner Character Figure™ family. Think sci-fi western in your attire (optional, of course) and be prepared to evacuate should any Reavers invade the breakfast buffet!

Last edited:
tonner totally failed on the Doctor Who stuff I was anxiously waiting for. not holding much hope for these.

That seems crazy! Why Tonner of all companies?

How is the Tonner clothing, though? Is it salvageable? Maybe one can use the clothing and switch bodies and use Trevor's sculpts...

That seems crazy! Why Tonner of all companies?

How is the Tonner clothing, though? Is it salvageable? Maybe one can use the clothing and switch bodies and use Trevor's sculpts...

Tonner makes some GREAT costumes. Unfortunately they are in the wrong scale. I think they are 1:4 scale.

Ah! Thanks Protozaius. I was being optimistic thinking there could be SOME saving grace to this news.

Although...their Mad Hatter has been getting some good reviews!

Well they say any publicity is good publicity.This might generate interest in the Firefly/Serenity lines. You know that Tonner will make a very pretty Inara (and very tall).

Old Grandpa

Well they say any publicity is good publicity.This might generate interest in the Firefly/Serenity lines. You know that Tonner will make a very pretty Inara (and very tall).

Old Grandpa

That is actually my only hope out of this announcement... if they sell well (which I really can't imagine they would :lol) it might be enough for a 1/6 company to pick them up.

I'm hoping that company that takes notice is the one that employs Trevor since no one is topping his sculpts.

I read this today about the upcoming 2010 Tonner Convention:

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Browncoats’ Breakfast -

(Breakout Event $165 - requires separate ticket purchase) BREAKFAST EVENT - Browncoats, Smugglers, Shepherds and Companions gather in a secret location from The Alliance to revel in the cult phenomenon known as ‘Firefly’. Joss Whedon’s blended science fiction and western sub cultures play into the highly original Fox Television Series and its subsequent Universal Pictures film ‘Serenity’. Robert Tonner invites you to his latest pop-culture partnership as he presents your very special Inara Serra souvenir and the debut of Malcolm Reynolds to the Tonner Character Figure™ family. Think sci-fi western in your attire (optional, of course) and be prepared to evacuate should any Reavers invade the breakfast buffet!

Guaranteed sellout as they only make very few for these convention things. anybody remember what happened with the Elvira one they did for the halloween convention? The Women should look interesting the men just look like ken dolls

Back