My Statue/Figure Photography.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-jay-

Super Freak
Reaction score
List of Statues and pages

____shi Statue Page 3
Mystique Page 3 & 4
RoboCop PF Page 5
Scrooge McDuck Page 6
Bowen Grey Hulk Page 7
Bowen Maestro Page 8
Naruto Shadow Clone Statue Page 9
Kotobukiya Dark Knight Batman Page 9 & 10
Kotobukiya Batman Page 11
Dr Doom PF Page 12
Gara Sand Statue Page 14
Bowen Hulkbuster Page 15
Sasuke Statue Page 16
Darth Maul PF Page 17
Bowen Planet Hulk Page 17 & 18
Green Goblin PF Page 19
Spider-man page 19
Spider-man Black Page 20
Bowen Odin Page 22
Electric Tiki, Grampa Munster Black & White Version Page 23
Eddie Munster Page 24
Herman Munster Page 24
Marilyn Munster Page 25
Lily Munster Page 25
Yoda Vs Dooku Page 26
Frankenstein vs. The Wolfman Page 27
Sideshow X-23 Page 28
Red Skull PF Page 29
Capt Vs Red Skull Dio Page 30
Naruto Nine tailed fox Page 31
Elvira Ex PF Page 31
Sideshow Punisher Page 32
Ex Captain America PF Page 33 & 34
Thor PF Page 35
Stealth Iron Man Page 36
Hell Boy 2 PF Page 37
Sideshow Venom Page 38
Thor Vs Loki Dio Page 39
Iron Man Mark I Page 40
Sideshow T-800 PF Page 45
Hot Toys ED-209 Page 45 & 46
Iron Man MK VI Page 49
Sideshow Abomination EX PF Page 50
Bowen Red Hulk Page 51
Buffy Throne of the slayer Page 52
Captain Jack Sparrow PF Page 53
Sideshow Carnage Page 54
Leonardo Comiquette Page 57
Michelangelo Comiquette Page 59
Full TMNT Team Shot Page 61
Donatello Comiquette Page 61
Classic Iron Man Page 62
Hulk Comiquette Page 63
Black Cat PF Page 67
Scarlet Witch Comiquette Page 68
Stealth Iron Man (repaint) Page 69
Hot Toys: The Godfather Page 71
Hot Toys Mech Test Tony Page 74 & 75
Sideshow War Machine Page 76
Sideshow AMP Suit Page 82 & 82

Last edited:
Re: New Camera Test.

This is my first proper camera so just trying out some shots. :lol

4401062266_9deb0ac2a8_o.jpg

4400305385_b748008cce.jpg

4400310857_bd01d46c8c_o.jpg

4400315889_ce234b03d3.jpg

4401087440_e802904b78.jpg

4400326661_d943ed94c9.jpg

4401094970_330e6145a4.jpg

4401096844_685d7afcdf.jpg

4401099268_01c57028df.jpg

Last edited:

Thanks guys! not bad for my first go. :lol

They look great jay! :rock I really need to get me a little setup for photoshoots of my statues instead of taking outdoor shots all the time. I really like the black background you used in the last set of shots and I like the border you used on all of them too.

So I take it these were done with the 450D? How do you like it so far man?

Certainly not.... maybe you got hidden talents? :D :rock
:lol I wish.

They look great jay! :rock I really need to get me a little setup for photoshoots of my statues instead of taking outdoor shots all the time. I really like the black background you used in the last set of shots.

So I take it these were done with the 450D? How do you like it so far man?

Yeah 450D and i'm loving it! i don't think the black cloth i'm using is the right stuff as most time it reflects way too much light and i get overblown pics.

Also using aperture priority the camera is over overcompensating for all the black so not getting good pics. At the moment i'm just playing with the exposure compensation and iso levels and they are getting better.

But first thing is to change that cloth to something better. Got any tips for me on shooting onto black? as i was hoping to do most of my collection this way.

Yeah 450D and i'm loving it! i don't think the black cloth i'm using is the right stuff as most time it reflects way too much light and i get overblown pics.

Also using aperture priority the camera is over overcompensating for all the black so not getting good pics. At the moment i'm just playing with the exposure compensation and iso levels and they are getting better.

But first thing is to change that cloth to something better. Got any tips for me on shooting onto black? as i was hoping to do most of my collection this way.
I honestly can't say I have any tips for you man. All my shots were taken outside, so I didn't have any kind of special background.

I haven't used aperture priority since I shoot in manual. If I were to give any kind of suggestion, it would be to give manual a try. When I shoot outside, I have the ISO on 100. I keep the aperture on 8.0 and the shutter speed I keep around 1/30, 1/40 or 1/50 depending on the light outside. So you can try those settings if you want when you take outdoor shots and see how they come out. If it's too bright or dark I usually just adjust the shutter speed accordingly.

I honestly can't say I have any tips for you man. All my shots were taken outside, so I didn't have any kind of special background.

I haven't used aperture priority since I shoot in manual. If I were to give any kind of suggestion, it would be to give manual a try. When I shoot outside, I have the ISO on 100. I keep the aperture on 8.0 and the shutter speed I keep around 1/30, 1/40 or 1/50 depending on the light outside. So you can try those settings if you want when you take outdoor shots and see how they come out. If it's too bright or dark I usually just adjust the shutter speed accordingly.

Nice one i'll give those a shot and manual settings. :)

Yeah man, just experiment with the settings. You can use the same guidelines for indoor shots too. I would put the ISO around 400 if it was me but otherwise just adjust the shutter speed as needed, lower if it's too dark or higher if it's too bright. The lower the number the more light entering the camera and the higher the number, less light will enter.

One thing to keep in mind though is the lower you go the shutter speed will get slower, meaning there will be more of a delay when you take the picture. So in that time there's more of a chance of the shot coming out blurry if you move the camera too much.

Like I've said before I'm nowhere near a pro with the camera but I'll try to help as much as I can with my limited knowledge. Not that you really need it though cause your photos already look awesome. :D

Thanks Havok been an had another play and maybe the black cloth was ok i just moved Naruto further away found some good settings and i think they came out well. :)

This is too much fun! i'll post more of my collection over the coming weeks :rock

4400537861_07861c233c.jpg

4400534343_11876d479b.jpg

4400536181_fc4d97306b.jpg

Jay the pics are excellent. Almost a good as that naruto statue. that is suhweeeeeeet. I love it when you can get such a nice clean closeup. My camera sucks

Jay the pics are excellent. Almost a good as that naruto statue. that is suhweeeeeeet. I love it when you can get such a nice clean closeup. My camera sucks

Thanks man. :)

Yeah my camera also sucked so thought it's about time i get a new one, it came yesterday and today is my first day with it and i'm really happy with it.

I have a fair few Naruto statues so keep your eye on this thread and i'll post them up over the next week. :)

Back