Did Bowen get hacked?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mesa

Super Freak
Reaction score
I got this email, which is funny because I got two of them, and when I get updates from Bowen, they come in two's as well.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, March 01, 2010 7:36 AM
To:
Subject: <h1>Hacked by bgh7 / Turk Bilisim Gucleri Group / Boycott !</h1>

<h1>Hacked by bgh7 / Turk Bilisim Gucleri Group / Boycott !</h1>

And I recently had my replacement Visa card get compromised a second time, and the only place I think I had it on file was with Bowen. Fortunately, it was caught that day and the CC company is dealing with the hassle instead of making me do it like last time.

Because I had my card basically cancelled, I missed out on the Planet Hulk.

It did get hacked, but according to Randy only the email and the website were touched. Personal info is safe (so he claims).

Of course he's going to say that.

They don't have any of my card info on file, now that the one that was on file was used by crooks.

It did get hacked, but according to Randy only the email and the website were touched. Personal info is safe (so he claims).

Well one thing to consider. All joking aside, anyone that could hack the site wasnt stupid. If they were after credit card info, the LAST thing they would do is send an e-mail to everyone announcing that the site had been hacked.

If you WARN people, credit cards are cancelled or meticulously checked for charges. Anyone after a score would have just planted a worm, or tried to be as subtle as possible and ride under the radar collecting CC numbers and personal info.

Well one thing to consider. All joking aside, anyone that could hack the site wasnt stupid. If they were after credit card info, the LAST thing they would do is send an e-mail to everyone announcing that the site had been hacked.

If you WARN people, credit cards are cancelled or meticulously checked for charges. Anyone after a score would have just planted a worm, or tried to be as subtle as possible and ride under the radar collecting CC numbers and personal info.

Why... thank you :bow I'll be here all week, and Mesa I was trying to buy your MOTUC figs with your money :banghead

Their setup is pretty easy (default wise), most of them are just thrown together and put up without much security.

Whatever BD does, they better revamp thier site a bit! If I get an "all clear" e-mail and the site hasnt changed at all...I dont think Ill trust the site ever again.

Bowen website fixed/secure my ass...........

I got 5 emails this morning, saying:

BD - For safety, Temporarily closed all systems. Sorry .

Turk Bilisim Gucleri group.

[or]

TBG group

and you try to look at the sculpture page and it reads:

Bowen Desings Administrator !

System error closed please. This is a warning.

Group Turk Bilisim Gucleri

Bgh7 - 187 - m3rc - SnizitH - CarpeD

bayrak1lu1.gif

:lol :lol :lol

No worries. After Cousin larry failed Bowen called in the big guns. He's got his best men working on it as we speak:

rmfiaqte.jpeg

nerd_computer_repair.jpg

"Don't worry Mr. Bowen. We will have your site secure in no time!"

Back