Who would be interested in a DX Robocop

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seniram6

Super Freak
Reaction score
I for one really would love to see Hot Toys take on the Robocop license again to give us an awesome version of Robocop especially seeing that they've pretty much mastered the metallic paint apps with the new BD Mark III i would love to see it if they do make it come with the following

2 alternate heads(final battle Peter Weller likeness with PERS(very easy to hide the compartment for the PERS), helmet wearing head

2 alternate helmets(1 BD, 1 clean)

Alternate Chest Armor(1 clean, 1 bullet ridden with Bdoddickers Blood)

Alternate Extremity Armor Pieces(Arms, Legs(clean and damaged

Handgun

Cobra Assault Cannon

2 Neural Spike hands(1 bloody, 1 clean

A sideshow exclusive maybe either a stack of baby food jars or the drill to take off his helmet.

I most certainly would. Its bizarre that HT never made a battledamaged version but in any case the old figure is outdated in some respects.

Even if they can't get Weller's likeness they could still make the BD from before the point when he removes his helmet - thats the damage he sustains after his fight with ED-209 and after he gets shot a gajillion times by the police. They could also improve the skin texture of the exposed part of the face and make the proportions of the figure overall more accurate.

Except for a battle damaged version (which I don't think would sell very well alone), I don't see why they'd need to give Robo the DX treatment. The PERS is all but useless on him, even moreso since Weller won't give his likeness, and the light-up stand is "eh" at best. The RoboCop 3 release with the jet pack and all the goodies is as close to a DX-style release as you're gonna get and they already did that.

I most certainly would. Its bizarre that HT never made a battledamaged version but in any case the old figure is outdated in some respects.

:confused: How the hell is it outdated?! He's still one of THE most impressive figures HT's ever put out.

:confused: How the hell is it outdated?! He's still one of THE most impressive figures HT's ever put out.

I was careful to say 'in some respects'. The proportions aren't quite right, the head is a peculiar, possibly elongated shape and a tad too big in relation to the body and there have been advances in how they texture skin. It would be better if made again today.

I was careful to say 'in some respects'. The proportions aren't quite right, the head is a peculiar, possibly elongated shape and a tad too big in relation to the body and there have been advances in how they texture skin. It would be better if made again today.

We'll agree to disagree then. I think he's the perfect figure despite the little inaccuracies. Plus, all the latex they had on Weller's face made for a smooth finish anyways. I'd hate to see them attempt it and make it worse. Plus, with the Batman issue, I don't want to be wiping all the rubber parts of the suit every day to keep it from being greasy and eventually ruining it from extracting all the moisture with the wiping.

Exactly as described in the first post would be a dream come true. I even like the baby food and drill exclusives, or maybe even a cannister of Nuke.

Robo 1 was a superior movie, but I actually like the bluer look of him in Robo 2. I would love a totally clean version of that with accurate shades of blues and purples with an exposed head like in the scene where his wife meets him as RoboCop for the first time.

I'd be interested in a DX if, and only if they were able to get Weller's likeness. Having a full reveal helmet would be awesome... I'd still likely only display him with the mask on, but would make for great variety.

And to me, aside from the proportions being slightly off (chest is a bit small) there isn't too much that could be improved upon. One of HT best.

Robocop is crying out for the DX treatment. I like the first one as the paint aps were stunning. Even today they compare to anything on the market. Proportionally however, the figure was a little off in some angles but the engineering invested in the piece is amazing. I still love it with (dare i say) the Robo3 backpack on...

I would definitely be down for a DX robocop especially if it had wellers likeness.

I agree with thenam. DX = Googly eyes. Weller likeness = unlikely. Broad interest in googly-eyed generic guy under Robocop's mask = low.

As such, no need for DX Robocop, IMO. Just an updated re-release, or straight-up re-release would suffice for most, I reckon.

I agree with thenam. DX = Googly eyes. Weller likeness = unlikely. Broad interest in googly-eyed generic guy under Robocop's mask = low.

As such, no need for DX Robocop, IMO. Just an updated re-release, or straight-up re-release would suffice for most, I reckon.

Or maybe just move along, as I think they've already done. Those who own him are happy. Those who don't but want to, need to understand that the demand for the piece is what's driven it up so high.

Of course that's the other, most likely option. But the issue of whether or not to release an update should, on HT's end, have little to do with the quality of the original release. It should all hinge on potential demand. If minor or no mods can be expected to sell more figures, then they should probably consider it. If, because the original is so good, they can expect that most who will want him already have a definitive version and will not be interested in getting another, then they should not go after it. I don't know if broad demand is there for a Robocop or not. EBay prices suggest that there might be, though. If they do a re-release, there are reduced costs involved in not having to create new molds and whatnot, so that could be a factor.

Of course that's the other, most likely option. But the issue of whether or not to release an update should, on HT's end, have little to do with the quality of the original release. It should all hinge on potential demand. If minor or no mods can be expected to sell more figures, then they should probably consider it. If, because the original is so good, they can expect that most who will want him already have a definitive version and will not be interested in getting another, then they should not go after it. I don't know if broad demand is there for a Robocop or not. EBay prices suggest that there might be, though. If they do a re-release, there are reduced costs involved in not having to create new molds and whatnot, so that could be a factor.

As much talk as there is in this thread, most who already own him, whichever version, are pretty content. So while there are some who'd pick up a DX, I thin most wouldn't. Additionally, while some missed out and are wanting a DX Robo, I doubt they're a majority enough to even financially justify HT producing one. Again, what defines a DX are the PERS and the light-up stand. And IMO, both would be completely useless for a RoboCop release.

Now if they were to go and do a battle damaged RoboCop w/switch-out armor like Iron Man, that might be enough to satisfy those who missed out on the other versions and/or appeal to those who have an ED-209 they'd like to display a chewed up Robo with.

Yeah I want one. I doubt he'd come with optional battle-damaged parts though, Iron Man Mk III BD was a totally seperate figure.

If I had to choose though I'd rather have a BD version than a clean if HT only made one more version.

Yeah I want one. I doubt he'd come with optional battle-damaged parts though, Iron Man Mk III BD was a totally seperate figure.

If I had to choose though I'd rather have a BD version than a clean if HT only made one more version.

No he wasn't. Single figure swappable parts:

Hot_Toys-Battle_Damaged_Iron_Man_Mark_3_BD_MMS-4.jpg

Pic courtesy of: https://toydirt.com/

You could display him either way; battle damaged or standard MKIII. If HT does another RoboCop, I think this is the best way to go as you have your choice of a clean or battle damaged version. I still don't see Weller changing his mind about his likeness. Doubt anything's gonna change that so it's just a pipe dream. The DX features are pretty much worthless here too.

yeh id be up for an upgrade on my flightpack robocop! still looks great! i have seen one boxed robo with jetpack on the bay-it was BIN £200-no one took it from wat i recall!
002.jpg

Back