Who is the latest Joe released that you like?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maskfreak

Super Freak
Reaction score
For me it was Outback. He had a good couple of comic issues in the Marvel line. (Outback went on to play a major role in a story arc that stretched across issues #61 to #67, in which a team consisting of Outback, Snow Job, Stalker, and Quick Kick infiltrate the Soviet republic of Borovia on a rescue mission.)

I like seeing that some folks on here have made customs of this figure.
I don't recall favoriting any other Joes after the release of the 87' wave.

Tunnel Rat also had a great design.
I liked the 1987 Dodger because he had the Aliens Marines "Hicks" look to him. so 1987 was the last year for me.

https://www.yojoe.com/action/87/

I liked several of the Tiger Force figures and that style. Those where probably the last of the Joe figures I bought or received.

For me it was Outback. He had a good couple of comic issues in the Marvel line. (Outback went on to play a major role in a story arc that stretched across issues #61 to #67, in which a team consisting of Outback, Snow Job, Stalker, and Quick Kick infiltrate the Soviet republic of Borovia on a rescue mission.)

I like seeing that some folks on here have made customs of this figure.
I don't recall favoriting any other Joes after the release of the 87' wave.

Tunnel Rat also had a great design.
I liked the 1987 Dodger because he had the Aliens Marines "Hicks" look to him. so 1987 was the last year for me.

https://www.yojoe.com/action/87/

Outback might have been the last Joe I got as a kid, TBH....

If I had to narrow it down to ONE figure I'd say 1994 Shipwreck v2 was the last good GI Joe figure. The accessories the costume the colors...the colors of the accessories. Everything was great about that figure.

shipwreck2.jpg

But there were actually a lot of good figures throughout the later years, just not any series in particular like say '85 where they were ALL hits. It'd be like five figures in '89, and few more in '90, 3-4 in '91.
'87 is probably my least favorite year in 80s Joe. I love Tunnel Rat, and Falcon is awesome, Chuckles too but the rest were kinda so-so. '88 is actually one of my top five favorite though years and highly underrated, imo.

Last edited:
I would say it had to be this guy in the 1990 series for me...

Cobra Laser Trooper
Code Name:

Laser Viper

laserviper.jpg

laservip.jpg

I kind of like Tracker, as well, though he is now more of a guilty pleasure. Clearly an LSU fan, and he came with a damn inflatable raft! How awesome was that?

I think the last ones I picked up were some of the headhunter stuff and the neon ones with the numbers. I hadn't seen the sucky cartoon so I wasn't aware of how badly the headhunter storyline was, I just thought they were really great looking figures that Hasbro was including as another alternate storyline for the Joes to face. It's quite common for SF to be assigned to assist world police forces with drug problems. The others were picked up because their outfits and the tank reminded me of colonial marines.

The last ones I got were a bunch in the Cpt grid iron wave, there was snow trooper I think that was cool, but I dont remember them much

1991 for me..

I had the
Crimson Guard Imortal
Mercer 2
Heavy Duty
Hawk

I wouldn't say I liked them.. but I had them and stopped buying Joes after that. 1990 was the last ok year.

I am pretty sure that was my last year collecting GI Joe also; I was in 7th or 8th grade and I remember having the Hurricane jet and Vapor, the Range-Viper, and Metalhead. I might have bought some from 1991 also because I had the Desert Scorpion, Snow Serpent, and Cesspool.

Cesspool was probably the last GI Joe figure that I really liked; he had a cool costume and his removable helmet was neat. I remember the Alley Viper being one of my favorites also.

Last edited:
Back