Medicom Marvel 12" figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

88th division

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Just wanted to know if anyone can tell me how good or bad these are. They look nice but can someone offer a review? Also any pictures from your collection?

I reviewed a couple when I first got them. They are really excellent for the most part. Wolverine's boots are a bit hard so it's difficult to get him in some poses, the blades tend to fall out of his hands and the belt only sits properly with a lot of adjustment. The Logan head is way too anime for my tastes as well. But the costume is well done, the articulation is above even SSC's.

Of all of them the execution is probably best on Cyclops but that's because his costume works well in this execution.

Spidey is a bit too McFarlane style for me, but he looks great, can do any pose you can think of and although the boots are big and rubbery they are a bit more posable than Wolverines.

Considering I paid upwards of $150-180 for most of these (with shipping from HK), the $115 price is a steal.

marvel1.jpg

cyclops7.jpg

marvel2.jpg

cyclops5.jpg

cyclops6.jpg

I like them alot.

My only problem with them is that they're really not 1:6 scale. Venom is too short and Spidey is too tall. Wolverine is a tad shorter than Cyke but that's good since, of course, Logan is so short anyways.

Everything else is great. Medicom does some awesome work when they want to.

The figures are very well executed. Theres a good deal of handwork in these figures as they are near custom. that in my opinion is both good and bad. The fabric items are very well tailored and fitted on all I have picked up, but molded items sometimes are less refined then with larger production run items. Corners simply have to be cut because of the lack of economy of scale.
The Spiderman is my favorite of the ones I own. The body type is perfect. He's extremely poseable. The costume is overall beautifully done. The single weakest feature are the boots as Dave mentioned. Too large and oddly sculpted. He does come with several sets of really nifty hands and a set of very well designed McFarlane style webs that can be displayed on the "thwip" version of his hands. Looks fantastic.
I'm almost as happy with Wolverine. Overall excellent but again I hate the boots. Not because of there appearance which is good, but because they are so stiff they really lmit some of the poses I'd like to be able to display him in. This figure has different custom arms and other body parts that differ from the standard body and look outstanding on Wolvie, muscular and hairy little devil that he is.
Venom is too frikkin short! Otherwise also a nice figure with a great custom body type for the figure.
Just pre-ordered the two I don't have, Carnage and Cyclops. I didn't get the near instant gratification effect I do when I order in stock items from HLJ, but I did save over $100. USD including the shipping by getting them from SSC. Thanks for picking up the line Sideshow.

Thanks guys for your opinions and the pictures! I will probably get Spidey but pass on the rest. Not because I don't like them. The cash just isn't there to go full blown into another line. Besides, I have the Duke PF to preorder!

One last question. Do they plan to make any more figures? Like Thor, Captain America, Red Skull, Iron man, Hulk, etc.....

The only figure I'm aware of that may be coming is symbiote suit Spidey. And I'm not real sure how it will be made available as different folks here have gotten conflicting information from dealers.
I want Captain America. And I'd like him to be taller than Spiderman. If they still maintain the license I expect Medicom will be producing more figures. They seem to turn out about two and a half Marvel RAH figures a year. Most likely I'd guess another X-Men character or two. Well see.

The only other figure they plan on making that is known is the Black Costume Symbiote Spider-Man. But that one is exclusive to Japan, and you have to buy the Comic Spider-Man to get him.
I own two, Movie Spidey and Comic Spidey. I've never opened the Movie version so I can't comment on that one. But Comic Spidey is quite good. He's the correct Height in my opinion, and poses wonderfully. He comes with two heads, a peter Parker Head and a masked head. I haven't switched heads yet, I think it wont come off easily so I haven't tried. The boots aren't cloth so they don't really match the rest of the costume but I still love them. The masked head is a little too narrow front to back. but it matches the more anime sensibilities of the figure.

***RUMORS***

I'm still hearing rumors that a Jim Lee Gambit is next after Symbiote Spidey.

Hobgoblin was rumored after Gambit.

I think Medicom may only be able to produce Spidey/X-Men characters. It seems odd that those are the only two "lines" of figures that Medicom has released figures for but this too is a rumor.

Remember, none of this has been confirmed.

Medicom always seems to announce a lot of figures for the rest of the year in the spring months so hopefully we'll be hearing something in a few months.

Sideshow now has these up for pre-order. They retail for 115.00 on their site. I think I paid 130.00 for each of the Spiderman villains shipped from Asia. I'm disappointed that they can't get the prices lower. In reality these should be no more expensive than any other 12" figure. Don't get me wrong, I love the look of them, very comicy, it's just why can't someone besides Medicom make 12" comic characters look this good? It's not rocket science, just a good body type with nice fitting spandex.

Also weren't these limited to 1000 in Japan? Are they opening up the edition size? or did SSC by the leftovers?

I also forgot to mention that Medicom is coming out with a comic style Blade figure that's exclusive to japan and very limited. It'll be part of a Blade DVD release that's $300.

foolkiller said:
Sideshow now has these up for pre-order. They retail for 115.00 on their site. I think I paid 130.00 for each of the Spiderman villains shipped from Asia. I'm disappointed that they can't get the prices lower. In reality these should be no more expensive than any other 12" figure. Don't get me wrong, I love the look of them, very comicy, it's just why can't someone besides Medicom make 12" comic characters look this good? It's not rocket science, just a good body type with nice fitting spandex.

Also weren't these limited to 1000 in Japan? Are they opening up the edition size? or did SSC by the leftovers?

When we heard "marvel 12" is coming to SS" I thought an original line in the same quality of LOTR and SW. I guess not.

This Medicom line is great but obsenely overpriced.

Re: Medicom Marvel 12" figures BLADE

screamingmetal said:
I also forgot to mention that Medicom is coming out with a comic style Blade figure that's exclusive to japan and very limited. It'll be part of a Blade DVD release that's $300.
Here are a few jpegs on the RAH, BLADE (Comic Book Version). :google

Last edited:
Can anyone who has these give us a scale comparison to Sideshow figures? I think they look great but the scale thing is making me hesitant.

bluesparrow said:
Can anyone who has these give us a scale comparison to Sideshow figures? I think they look great but the scale thing is making me hesitant.
I pulled Comic Spider-Man out and compared him to the Agent Doggett regular figure and Spidey is about the same size. But compared to Frank Black, Spidey is a little more then half an inch shorter (Black is 12" and a little over a half inch tall) I measured Spidey and he's 12" tall exactly.
I don't own any of the others but I hear Venom is slightly shorter then Spider-Man and Wolverine is the shortest.

screamingmetal said:
I pulled Comic Spider-Man out and compared him to the Agent Doggett regular figure and Spidey is about the same size. But compared to Frank Black, Spidey is a little more then half an inch shorter (Black is 12" and a little over a half inch tall) I measured Spidey and he's 12" tall exactly.
I don't own any of the others but I hear Venom is slightly shorter then Spider-Man and Wolverine is the shortest.

Thanks! I believe I may order the Wolverine and Spiderman then.

So what is the deal with the black suit symbiote Spidey? When will he be released and do you really have to have the comic Spidey to get him? I hope not as I have been looking forward to that one even more than the others.

Back