Hulk Premium Format: PLEASE HELP!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozzfan84

Super Freak
Reaction score
After a long, long time, today was to be the day I'd finally get a Hulk PF. When I unpacked it, I was heartbroken to find that while the seller included the soft foam sheets in the packaging, they were not wrapped around the figure and instead bunched up and stuck in a little opening on the side.

On the right thumbnail, there is a pretty big chip / paint rub. It looks more like a chip to me than a rub. Furthermore, the part where the hand goes is not directly up against the hard foam. It looks like it just sits up there in the air when the packaging is completely closed. So while the seller really should have used the soft foam to wrap and protect it, I'm thinking this damage was done before it shipped. What do you think?

Now here's my problem: I have absolutely NO talent when it comes to touch ups and everything. I wouldn't know the first thing in making that look somewhat decent. Would it be too hard to dab some paint in there and make it look like there isn't a big chip there?

I'm so disappointed because I paid for what I thought was a statue in "new" condition. This damage is far from it.

I would appreciate any and all help!

P2252555.jpg

P2252554.jpg

P2252558.jpg

P2252559.jpg

P2252559_1.jpg

I don't think that happened in shipping bro. That is some serious chipping, like it got bumped into by something hard (a wall for example).

Even if someone agreed to fix it for free, shipping would be very expensive back an forth.

I would ask for a partial refund from the seller to cover the repair/shipping.

Regarding the repair, you could always just dab some paint in there, but it's going to stick out like a sore thumb (no pun intended :) )

Hey, haha! I just PMed you to ask if you could take a look at my thread.

Yeah, I agree that it must have happened before shipping. I don't want to go through the headaches of sending it back and forth to someone for repairs either. I'd rather just snag the next one that comes along. Because I got it on ebay, I'm going to be SOL on the cost of shipping to send it back anyways.

What would you do to fix it? Is it real hard to find matching paint?

If it were a single color it wouldn't be bad, but you see that black 'misty' looking color on top of the yellow? That is airbrush work, which you won't be able to accomplish with a paintbrush.

PM replied to.

If it were me I would think that some acyclic could help touch that up with no problem, you might have to mix a few colors to get the gold paint if hobby lobby doesn't have the exact match.

I remember getting a HULK from a member a few years back and the styro was not taped, I'm not sure if members here on the board either forget to tape it and seal it back up or if it's just pure laziness are their part but whenever you know the sheer mass and weight of this piece bouncing around the styro you would figure that the collector would know better. Maybe they think it causes less damage to the piece if it's no confined, but to me I'd rather have it sealed in the styro so it doesn't move around and cause cases like this.

Man, I feel for you. It may have been during shipping because of the way it sat in, but if I had to put money on it I would bet it was not.

Was this an ebay item? Was it bought in the same country? If the answer is yes, I would say return it and take the hit on shipping.

If this was an ebay item, and it was bought out of country, then I would try to do some serious negotiation. I would base it on what it would cost a professional to get it fixed, plus the the time it takes to bring it back and forth and finding a person to do it (within reason of course).

If this was not an ebay item and PayPal, then negotiate what you can for damages without shipping back. A respectable seller would do that.

I don't think shipping insurance will cover that, I could be wrong, you may want to give that a chance too.

Good luck, and I feel for you that this happened.

I don't think that happened in shipping bro. That is some serious chipping, like it got bumped into by something hard (a wall for example).

Even if someone agreed to fix it for free, shipping would be very expensive back an forth.

I would ask for a partial refund from the seller to cover the repair/shipping.

Regarding the repair, you could always just dab some paint in there, but it's going to stick out like a sore thumb (no pun intended :) )

:lecture :lecture :lecture agreed and on the misting part is what would be more difficult not impossible but difficult, make sure to cover the rest of the statue up if you are preparing to mist the outer part of the nail. Start light.

It was bought on ebay, so chances are I'll only get hit with the shipping cost to send it back. Unfortunately, he told me it cost him $95 to ship from him to me (only from NY to CT), so I'm guessing I'll take that kind of hit.

How would I go about finding a hobby shop or someone in my area who may have experience with fixing this kind of thing? I wonder if someone in a hobby shop would be able to take care of it for me.

I'd ask for a partial refund to help towards repair and if the sellers digs his feet in i'd hit him with a paypal claim on the grounds that the item isn't as described.
That looks like impact damage not shipping damage, were the paint ships in the packaging?

What a ****** who ever sold this to you with out letting you know!!!!! Im going to kick his ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd ask for a partial refund to help towards repair and if the sellers digs his feet in i'd hit him with a paypal claim on the grounds that the item isn't as described.
That looks like impact damage not shipping damage, were the paint ships in the packaging?

Good point and question? :monkey1

Sorry to see the damage. If u do send it back to the seller you should let the forum know what edition number this is so the seller doesn't off load on it on to another victim.
Best of luck

It was bought on ebay, so chances are I'll only get hit with the shipping cost to send it back. Unfortunately, he told me it cost him $95 to ship from him to me (only from NY to CT), so I'm guessing I'll take that kind of hit.

How would I go about finding a hobby shop or someone in my area who may have experience with fixing this kind of thing? I wonder if someone in a hobby shop would be able to take care of it for me.

Given that you paid market value for this (at least I am going to assume you did), then ship it back. The $100 will be worth it.

Now if you get a spanking deal on it, then again, you may want to renogiate.

For me, I would send it back in a heartbeat if I had paid market value for a new one. I know I could always pick up one in new condition for the same price or less.

$100 from New York to Connecticut, I think I've had two of them shipped from CA each being $50 and I'm in the Midwest?

I checked all around for little chips of paint or rubbing in the packing and I've found nothing.

I sent all of the information and pictures to the seller. I'll see what he says.

It sucks because I was looking forward to this! I couldn't wait to open the box. You wouldn't believe my shock when first I noticed he didn't wrap it in the soft foam sheets, and then again when I noticed the paint chips. :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

I checked all around for little chips of paint or rubbing in the packing and I've found nothing.

I sent all of the information and pictures to the seller. I'll see what he says.

It sucks because I was looking forward to this! I couldn't wait to open the box. You wouldn't believe my shock when first I noticed he didn't wrap it in the soft foam sheets, and then again when I noticed the paint chips. :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

That sucks bro :( sorry to hear that.

How much did you pay for it? The owner at my LCS have one displayed in the open...looks fine. Might be slightly dusty but fine. I thinks he want $1000 for it. New Jersey area(Rahway).

Back