Hot Toys–DX 03- Michael Jackson 'Bad' spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wookster

Very foolish words man!
Reaction score
Hot Toys – DX 03 - 1/6th scale Michael Jackson (Bad Version) Collectible Figure

~ M ICON DX Series ~

Michael Jackson is forever in our heart. His iconic song “Bad” in 1987 is still well-received nowadays. Paying tribute to our King of Pop, Hot Toys is proud to present the 1/6th scale Michael Jackson collectible figure again, this time depicting his image in his popular hit Bad’s music video in 1987, highlighting the authentic head sculpt, the multi-layered stereoscopic hair sculpture and the highly-detailed costume of his style. A complimentary value-added set of upper outfit portraying his image in the Dirty Diana music video in 1988 is also presented.

The 1/6th scale Michael Jackson (Bad version) collectible specially features:

- Authentic and detailed fully realized likeness of Michael Jackson in the Bad music video

- Newly developed head sculpt with new make-up

- Parallel Eyeball Rolling System (PERS) and colored Translucent Iris

- Multi-layered stereoscopic hair sculpture

- Slim version of TrueType body with 38 points of articulation

- Approximately 30 cm tall

- One (1) pair of punches, five (5) additional right and two (2) extra left interchangeable and posing palms

- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted

Costume :

- Two (2) sets of costumes (one (1) set for Bad version and one (1) set of upper outfit in Dirty Diana image)

- Bad costume:

n Black jacket with buckles, zips and pouches as accessories

n Black and white tees

n Black pants with buckles and a red stripe on the left

n Four (4) belts with buckles (three (3) in black and one (1) in brown)

n One (1) pair of black shoes with buckles

n Nine (9) pieces of black gloves with buckles (six (6) for right hands, three (3) for left hands) (right gloves with rivets added)

- Dirty Diana costume:

n A set of white shirt and tee

Accessory:

- Square-shaped deluxe figure stand with LED lights with Michael Jackson nameplate and M ICON DX series title

Release date: Q2 2010

Artists:
- Head Sculpted by Lee So Young

- Head Painted by JC. Hong

- Head Art Directed by Yulli

- Figure Costume Made by Namgung Mijin

- Accessory Sculpted by Kouhei Okui

**Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different

© 2010 Triumph International, Inc, under license to Bravado International Group, manufactured by Hot Toys Ltd.

HT_MJ_Bad_PR01.jpg

HT_MJ_Bad_PR02.jpg

HT_MJ_Bad_PR03.jpg

HT_MJ_Bad_PR04.jpg

HT_MJ_Bad_PR05.jpg

HT_MJ_Bad_PR06.jpg

HT_MJ_Bad_PR07.jpg

HT_MJ_Bad_PR08.jpg

HT_MJ_Bad_PR09.jpg

HT_MJ_Bad_PR10.jpg

I will say this again.. GREAT FIGURE... but.
The EYES ARE ALL WRONG! (shouting from rooftop!)
He looks asian!

Fix it before the final version Hot Toys, it's amazing otherwise.

The eyes should be rounder and less eastern looking.
most of it is fantastic, maybe this was a conscious decision to appeal to his massive asian fanbase?

Excellent figure!
The MJ likenesses are getting better thats for sure, really glad to see this version figure.

Barring the base, only PERS seems to make this stand out as a DX though. DX-Lite perhaps?

I have had 24 hours to think whether this is a bad choice or not from Hot Toys, and now I have got over my initial disappointment that it's not the DX I was hoping for, I have to say this is a really great choice from Hot Toys.
Why you ask? Well since the first two DX's have been announced, a lot of people have thought the DX version is solely there to improve on what has already come out, hell some people even say they would wait for a DX version of a MMS version that has not been released (T-800 for instance) Well now there is no guarantee that the MMS will always be improved upon, maybe that will relax the fear of a MMS figure being obsolete six months after it's release

awesome. thanks for the pics, wooks! and don't pay attention to those whiners that were moaning in one of the other threads about why there needs to be another thread for the hi-res pics and specs. just idiots who don't know how things are. also, they don't know they shouldn't get a wookster mad - he'll rip your arms out the sockets!

¡¡¡¡¡¡AMAZIIIING DX!!!!!

The best figure of MJ for the moment!!! :rock but this DX needs a more accesories and other headsculpt!

Pd: Preorder now!!! :D

Re: Hot Toys–DX 03- Michael Jackson 'Bad' spec and pics

Looks great,but where is the microphone,i thought that was a no brainer since you have the Dirty Diane option.

The sculpt is by So Young Lee, she is the one who also sculpted Blade! She must be Yulli's apprentice :emperor :lol

I think for a DX it needs more accessories

awesome. thanks for the pics, wooks! and don't pay attention to those whiners that were moaning in one of the other threads about why there needs to be another thread for the hi-res pics and specs. just idiots who don't know how things are. also, they don't know they shouldn't get a wookster mad - he'll rip your arms out the sockets!

Wha, whe, I wasn't even aware of it... sod em all!

As I always say, when I get a new spec I post up if no one else has.
I for one don't like trawling threads for pics and specs, I like all that gubbins on the first page!

Back