Mickey Mouse as Indiana Jones large statue review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
Two Indiana Jones reviews in a row? You'd have thought the merchandise would have all dried up by now, but there's still a few goodies out there. Tonight I'm looking at the large 18" statue of Mickey Mouse as Indiana Jones, and he has some great points...and some really bad ones.

You can find the review at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading and have a great weekend!

Michael
MWC

I've been keeping my eye out for this everytime I go to the parks. I've yet to see him, but when I do there's a good chance I'll buy it. I have the Jedi Mickey and I think its great. The quality isn't as good as it could be, but its good enough.

That's a great looking statue. You would think for what these cost, they would do a better job on the paint work. It's OK for a smaller statue, but mistakes on something this big are easily noticeable.

I almost had a buddy pick this up for me this past weekend. Now I'm glad I didn't. As cool as it is, I just don't think the sloppy paint apps justify the price tag. A bit more and I can get a PF.

I'm don't think the pose is all that great. It looks kinda stiff and awkward, especially with the elbow sticking out like that. Otherwise it seems like a nicely sculpted piece, albeit overpriced.

What's with the two tone paint on his face... I've never noticed his mouth area being a different color than around his eyes, and here there looks to be a very clear separation between the two colors.

Looks really odd to me, especially that the color changes below the eye line and near the top of his nose.

review_indymickey_1.jpg

Oh wait, is that supposed to be stubble?

I got one a few weeks ago. I am really happy with the way it turned out. I dislike the flocking, Disney uses it on many of their big figures nowadays. I guess they think it's some "value added thing," but I much prefer the earlier big figure releases without it. Aside from the flocking, I can not believe how many of the details they got right in the sculpt. I thought the gloves should have been painted beige like Indy's, and like the little Disney figure. The Idol, pose, "stubble" are all plusses, the base is great. I have passed on all the Star Wars Disney big figures, but thought this crossover was too good to pass up. This is easily better than many of the Indy collectibles we have seen the past few years. In some cases tht's not saying much, but this ones a keeper.

I don't care for flocking much either. My Jedi Mickey has a bald spot because of it. :lol

I got the Mickey as Indy big fig and it is a great figurine. I have all the the Star Wars/Disney big figs and this one adds one more to the great collection of Lucas inspired Disney Big Figs.

There have been comments on the quality of the paint and the fact is none of the Disney Big Figs have good, detailed paint. They are never perfect and that's simply the way they are made. Probably keeps the price lower that the painting isn't extremely careful. These are not Sideshow-like detailed statues. They are more cartoony and the painting is sloppier. If they were done with the attention to paint perfection that sideshow uses this would be at least $300.

:lol Actually it was from using tape to dust his head. I've decided its better to just leave the dust the makeup brush leaves behind.

I ordered mine last week and I can not wait to get him. I think he looks great and hoping for one that has decent paint apps. I have a few of the Star Wars big figs and think this will be a great addition to my collection.

I don't think I'll ever get the fascination with Mickey Mouse. There are loads of other cartoon characters far more fun and engaging. IMO, characters like Goofy, Minnie, and so on have become all but completely irrelevant.

Donald, Goofy, and Minnie aren't completely irrelevent. There is alot of merchandise for all those characters, Mickey is just more popular because he is the symbol for Disney. Naturally he is going to get more merchandise.

Back