Bowen Mystique PAINTED!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoldyourfireAl

Super Freak
Reaction score
791044589_CC256-X2.jpg

wow, this piece is already all over the board.:lol

cool piece though, to bad it had to come out at roughly the sametime as the AH version. for those that want a smaller version i'm sure they'll be lining up for this one.

oh yeah the blue seems a bit on the light side to me..

Face needs some work and the hair is a bit boring. Paint job is bad (hope its better for the production run). Base is cool. Statue is too similar to Sideshow's though.

Body is good. Backshot please.

I like this era of Mystique. However, she looks too thin and lanky.
The pose looks rather uninspiring too.
Something is just off on the presentation.
Ultimately, it's just okay. However, is "just okay" good enough?

It seems BD pieces generally do better when SS hasn't released a version of its own.
The comparisons have already begun. I'm betting SS will finish ahead.

BD should have released this version years ago when there wasn't any competition.
It was also a time when fans appeared more apt to settle for average looking sculpts.

Last edited:
It looks good. But not great. I actually prefer the dress on this one over the AH! Mystique. That one just defies gravity and a wardrobe malfunction waiting to happen. Anyway, my only critique about this piece is that her eyes are too close together.:google

That's all...

I kind of like it but I agree the blue is a little too light. The AH one is far superior and bigger and probably cheaper price than what Bowen will be charging. seems like the minimum retail price on Bowen statues these days is $170.

This piece would have been nice 3-4 years ago...but certainly doesn't fit with today's standards anymore. Come on, even DC Direct Cover Girls are better sculpted and finished

The more I look at it, the more it looks like someone else dressed up as Mystique. Sometimes I truly wonder what sources are being used to design some of these sculpts.

This piece would have been nice 3-4 years ago...but certainly doesn't fit with today's standards anymore. Come on, even DC Direct Cover Girls are better sculpted and finished

I agree with you and have also expressed similar concerns. However, I don't believe this is the general consensus among most BD fans. Tastes truly are across the board. Some fans feel this Mystique is the ideal representation.

As long as BD doesn't have any real legitimate competition in this scale of sculpt, many "on the fence" fans will continue to settle for what's being produced even though some of them have expressed not being crazy about the piece. Some will buy it anyway because there's nothing else out there to display with their present collection of BD X-Men sculpts.

Last edited:
Don't like the face. Wonder how many people would want to buy it, especially when Sideshow gave us such a beautiful Mystique.

Back