Best Male Statue Qualifiers (Non-Diorama)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fuzzylojiks

Super Freak
Reaction score
Here's a big one, so I want lots of debate and pics! Each poster can nominate up to 3. This includes anything that's not a diorama (PF, comiquettes, maquettes etc). Here's the best male statue qualifiers! I want you guys to consider these categories (and any additional categories I missed please add.) You don't have to vote right away you can start a discussion first.

1. Face Sculp. (Detailing, Expression, Eyes etc)
2. Body Sculp. (Detailing, Texture, Musculature, Accuracy, Proportions etc)
3. Paint job (Tones, Shading, Accuracy to character)
4. Pose + Overall look (Dynamic, Passive, Intimidating, Able to be displayed around other statues well, etc)
5. Scale (Height, Width)
6. Base + accessories
7. Materials used (Polystone, Cloth, PVC etc)

Please suggest any I've missed.

I realise each individual will weigh the categories differently, but pls makes notes on why you think it's the best sculpt so other can critique and discuss your picks.

PICK YOUR TOP 3!

HAVE FUN! :D

Bullseye Comiquette - 521
Hulk PF (Green) - 6
Captain America (PF) - 5
Doctor Doom (PF) - 5
Venom (C) - 4
Punisher (C)- 3
Man Thing (C) - 3
Iron Man (C) - 3
Red Skull (PF) - 2
Back in Black Spiderman (C) - 1
Hulk (PF) Ex (Grey) - 1
Thor (PF) - 1
Wolverine (C) Ex - 1
Abomination (PF) - 1
Sabretooth (PF) - 1
Wolverine EX (C) - 1
Predator (M) EX - 1
Alien 3 (M) - 1

Last edited:
Man Thing Comiquette
Abomination PF
Red Skull PF
Captain America PF
Sabretooth PF
Doctor Doom PF
Punisher Comiquette

My first nom is Olivetti's Venom comiquette. He a 1:4 scale piece derived from Olivetti's artwork. I was reluctant to get him at first but finally did after pouring over some really nice pics of him. I was glad I did, he's insane.

This guy is huge. I mean he's almost as big as my kid. He's not tall at 13" but he's really wide and heavy.

Venom's is mouth is awesome with razor sharp uneven teeth and a swinging tongue. His tongue itself is extremely well done and you can even see the texture and pappilae on it. His eyes look crazy almost like they are fighting with the suit to even be there as the black creeps onto the white surface chaotically. The slight red in his eyes look like retinal vessels gone haywire.

His musculature is extremely detailed and looks like a bodybuilder who's muscles have developed a life of their own. His deltoids are bulging and almost deformed and they coarse into his large biceps and finally into his massive forearms and claws. His distorted hands with razor sharp claws are in a grasping position, and you can see the texture on his nails which look extremely lifelike. The hands are enormous
and sinewy like the rest of him. His claws are fantastic, you can see the razor sharp talons at the end and the texture and paint is phenomenal. It really looks like real claws you see on a dog, cat or eagle.

His pose is badass, as he is snarling almost licking his lips at the thought of destroying his next victim. From his crouchedback profile, he's massive and his back seems to go on forever. It looks like he's popping out of his costume. The muscles on his back are well defined and bulge out giving the sense of his enormous strength. His feet are dripping into the detailed concrete base below. The base is very well done, intricate in detail and very heavy. His back is massive and the girth feeds into his glutes which are wide and well detailed. Finally his feet are perched on top of the daily bugle architecture and oozes tendrils onto the surface of the stone. You can really see Venom corrupting even the very surface he's touching here.

The paint job on this is phenomenal. He's a mixture of white, black and blue. I love the blue-black sinewy gleam to his costume. Most of the costume is black but you can see the veins of blue creeping around every corner, which gives his skin a glistening blue black sheen that moves and changes with the lighting.

The base is beautifully sculpted and you have to see it in real life. It feels like a rough concrete surface you see in old buildings and the rest is broken up in the back like you took a sledgehammer to it.

Finally here are some pics of this awesome piece.

fullfrontal.jpg
facecloseup01.jpg
leftleg01.jpg
mouth02.jpg
leftfoot01.jpg
leftarmdetail-1.jpg
facecloseup02-1.jpg

Last edited:
Seriosly

First is Venom since i have him....Second is Punishers since hes on order and Cap PF since I want one

Wolverine EX comiquette.
Iron Man EX comiquette.
Punisher EX comiquette.

Those 3 are my favorite so far. IMHO, each of those statues are the best made of those characters by any company. Just can't wait for that Punisher comiquette to arrive.

Back