descent place to buy a picture frame?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

azurepred

It's so fluffy!!!
Reaction score
I've been looking at services online, but it seems like a descent frame service with matting costs at least $100 without shipping........does this sound right, or is there a better place for frames? I have a ton of prints/lithos that need some good framing. :google

In Sacramento:

Aaron Brothers Art & Framing
https://aaronbrothers.com/

Abreu Gallery
https://www.abreugallery.com/Framing_Options.htm

FastFrame
(916) 515-0721
4640 Natomas Blvd, Sacramento, CA 95835

Midtown Framing
(916) 447-7558
2504 J St, Sacramento, CA 95816

Target/Walmart
They have a crap load of frames in all sizes. I bought two nice 36x24 matte black frames from Target for $19.99 each for my Scarface posters. :lol

You can also try:

PictureFrames.com
https://www.pictureframes.com/scripts/WebObjects/PictureFrames.woa/wa/Home

I just got a custom framing job at Jo Ann fabrics, and I've used Michael's before as well. But if your tastes are like mine is probably going to be expensive. But personally I think a good frame can enhance a the print and a poor one can detract from it, so I'm always willing to spend more to make things look their best.

I don't know if your mall has a prints plus but you can try there. Our mall got rid of the one they used to have here in Modesto:monkey2

so is there any kind of significant difference between maybe Michael's service or an online service in terms of price? Also, with you guys with a significant amount of art, do you usually get glass or plexi? So then I guess a descent/good frame will run about $100 on average? So many questions...........:monkey1

I've been looking at services online, but it seems like a descent frame service with matting costs at least $100 without shipping........does this sound right, or is there a better place for frames? I have a ton of prints/lithos that need some good framing. :google

Dude ... skip the professional framing and matting. Go to Hobby Lobby ... frames are anywhere from $10 to $50 (depending on the size and quality), and they have 1/2 off sales all the time. Nobody notices the frame anyway ... unless its gaudy, or ugly. I've never had any problems with inexpensive plain black frames from Hobby Lobby or Michaels.

The only problem you may have is if you're framing something that's a weird size ... custom frames cost a bit more.

SnakeDoc

Jo Ann fabrics does awesome work and there's usually a really good coupon in the weekly paper. I got a really nice frame for my diploma for what they charge at the university bookstore and IMO their's is 100x nicer.

yeah, there are a couple of pieces that I want to get a good matte and frame with it, but the others, not sure about. Unfortunately, I have expensive taste, so its hard to go the cheap cheap route. I'm conflicted, but the lack of money might make up my mind for me :sick

When framing I say never go cheap. Quality framing is always expensive, but you be much happier with the end results.

so is there any kind of significant difference between maybe Michael's service or an online service in terms of price? Also, with you guys with a significant amount of art, do you usually get glass or plexi? So then I guess a descent/good frame will run about $100 on average? So many questions...........:monkey1

I don't know if there would be a difference in terms of price between the two. It would be really hard to judge because you are working with different frame prices and matte prices so its not like you can say this frame is this much here and that much there.

Whether I get glass or plexi really depends on what I'm framing. Yesterday I got a frame for the Yoda photomosaic poster I have. I just got a cheap poster frame--black plastic frame with plexiglass over it. However the lithograph I had framed I spent 115 dollars on. Originally it was 180, but that was with a more expensive frame and a double matte.

One final piece of advice, there are some really nice frames out there for "normal" sized prints. If its not a size that needs a customm frame I would get one of those. You'll be able to find a nice frame and matte.

When framing I say never go cheap. Quality framing is always expensive, but you be much happier with the end results.

:lecture

yeah, i was hoping to get everything framed at once, but i think i will get everything framed with matting when i can.

Thats what I'm doing, I have a lot of stuff I want to get done, just doing them one at a time. Since they will being hanging on walls I will see every single day I want them to be of the best quality, dont wanna look at cheap-o stuff and then end up getting them redone later, which I would eventually do.

Thats what I'm doing, I have a lot of stuff I want to get done, just doing them one at a time. Since they will being hanging on walls I will see every single day I want them to be of the best quality, dont wanna look at cheap-o stuff and then end up getting them redone later, which I would eventually do.

I would agree, but then I was ridiculed for spending over $400 to frame my Hughes Leia.

Wow, you guys put my framing to shame. What type of frame and matte do they have?

Back