DC BAtman 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not bad but those joints and that body sucks. You should not see them show through the suit like they do.

Anything skintight is going to show the joints through the costume. They've done a decent job of not making it too obvious I think.

Have to say, I think it looks really cheap. Which is both good and bad. Good as I cant afford to want another figure and bad because I still want a really good batman figure.

I particularly dont like the cape. Its just not the batman I love. (in a cool way of course!):wacky

I like it. Very retro looking. Are those accessories at his feet, or is the bat on his chest somehow interchangeable?

Well, you can always make him a cape the preferred length. It shouldn't be too difficult I think.
6'4"...? I would never have thought Batman is that tall. I always thought of him as a normal guy with normal height. But having this guy stand next to their Superman with the same body type would look off to me. Batman isn't supposed to look as buff as Superman in my book.

Ugh, those horrible zip up boots again. Not sure about this one at all. I will see how I like the Green Lantern when he arrives, but I'm leaning to foregoing any further items in this line.

Darklord Dave said:
Anything skintight is going to show the joints through the costume. They've done a decent job of not making it too obvious I think.

yea, but if you move him too much, those upper thigh joints are gonna cut thru the material. they should of used a ball joint hip like bbi did with the G3.5

I think it looks nice. Very Alex Ross-ish with the the black and gray look and Ross type chest bat and utility belt. Cool choice for a subject as it's a popular and influential style for "The Dark Knight".
The buff Batman doesn't bother me at all. I think of him as being built like a very lean linebacker and about that same size. But I agree that posing these guys with other non DCD figures looks a tad off. Well, more than a tad really. But it's the physique to me that looks odd more than the height. The arms and legs are just huge compared to DML and SSC figures. I think they look fine as stand alone or posed with each other figures though.
By the by, according to the rapidly going out of date (Thanks, "Infinite Crisis")2005 DK "Encyclopedia of the DC Universe" Batman is 6'2" and Superman is 6'3" in current continuity. Both have been made shorter and taller at other times. Superman was 6'5" according to his "Secret Files" description back when "Our Worlds at War" was going on. Both are pretty big guys throughout late Silver and Modern Ages.
Still hate the boots which are the weakest part of Superman. The zippers are idiotic as they serve no purpose other than to ruin the figures profile. They are the solution to a non existent problem. I really would like to send whoever is in charge of this a "Cool Girl" boot sleave to show them how these should be done.
The pleather cape is pretty neat, again ala Ross. Could be longer I agree but still a neat design. Costume looks fine overall.
Not as nuts about the utility belt. We live in an era of "real" materials, cloth, leather, "pleather' etc.. It would be much nicer and entirely feasable to make these functional rather than solid. But the look is nice.
As I mentioned with DCD Superman, I'm probably not as critical as I could be. I've been waiting forty years for these figures so I'm kind of looking at this in the cup is half full sort of a way. Improvements can be made, but I've seen people pay more for customs (myself included) I would say are inferior to what DCD is doing. So, I'm kinda happy with them.
My only significant unhappiness was the worry that they were going to hurt the line with weak releases early on. But as long as they offer a "Batman" every time they offer a "Two Face" I think it will be okay. I want to see a lot more figures offered in this series.

It's been said that Ross is consulting on these, so I expect his versions for all the figures. I'm encouraged that Brewer said the line is doing okay and Two-face looks more interesting here than when he was first shown. But I'd rather see them come quicker and with more heroes rather than villains.

Back