DX02 residue in abdominal area, has yours shown signs of it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has your DX02 shown signs of residue buildup in the abdominal area?

• Total voters

Geil

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just to get a better idea on how widespread this occurance is, not to spread mass histeria :cool:
Also please provide answer after the figure has at least posed for 24-48hrs with belt.

Mine leaks a little, periodically it comes back on the edges of the lower plates and I carefully dab it away.

Last edited:
I never removed the belt so far and though the whole figure seem to have a shine to it, I do not notice and residue yet.

So anybody has got the second batch "rumored" to have this problem fixed? Also, as i can make out from several posts on board that this problem is pretty widespread, how seriously is HT taking this issue? Is there any note released by them? 'cause a figure costing $160+ should not require regular care (quoting Rory - "..not a pet". so true man)

I just received my replacement body yesterday, and it came with the oily abs even without the belt.

Does anybody have photos of these? I'd like to share them with my friends who have the DX-02 TDK so they can be made aware.

I just received my replacement body yesterday, and it came with the oily abs even without the belt.

Thats what I was afraid of. If I asked for a replacement I may get another leaky body. Mine isn't too bad, it seems to leak badly after an hour but I've left it all night at it hasn't got any worse. It's not bad on mine but because it's there it really bothers me.

Does anybody have photos of these? I'd like to share them with my friends who have the DX-02 TDK so they can be made aware.

Picture204.jpg

Thats what mine looks like after 24 hours. :( Bottom of the left ab.

That's not too bad :p
You should see mine and even without a belt. I got coverage on all 4 plates I think on both my bats :( I try to take some pics tonight

That's not too bad :p
You should see mine and even without a belt. I got coverage on all 4 plates I think on both my bats :( I try to take some pics tonight

I've left it like that since yesterday (when I took the pic) it looks as though no more has appeared.

Mine arrived a couple days ago and was good until this morning. It was a bit shiny around the lower left ab plate. Not moist, just shinier than the rest. If it continues or gets worse, I'll post.

SO IT BEGINS...

Picture217.jpg

Up past the 48 hour mark without wiping it. I dunno whether it's getting worse or not. I've emailed HT customer service with pictures I'm hoping that if I email them quick they'll allow a replacement if one is needed even if I'm past the 30 refund mark when I finally get round to destroying it and showing the pics.

This 30 day policy cut off mark should be canned with this figure only until it's all nailed. If it's going to be like this quite a number of people are going to get burned.

Voiding the 30 days would be helpful, but better they just look into the problem and stop it, even with an open replacement policy, what about when the replacement has the same problem.

As for the actual problem, I don't fit into any of the voting categories, for me, there's no residue really visible, it's like a coating over the lower left plate that darkens and glosses the plate, whatever does that, can be wiped away, but now after about a week of wiping it away, the paints being worn off the areas being wiped.

ARMOR1.jpg

Mine arrived a couple days ago and was good until this morning. It was a bit shiny around the lower left ab plate. Not moist, just shinier than the rest. If it continues or gets worse, I'll post.

SO IT BEGINS...

That's exactly my scenario, shinier and darker, and it just won't go away.

Back