1/6 scale Marvels figures anyone?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pbun

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Anyone having the same thought? Sideshow maybe?
My Medicom 1/6th Spiderman has two broken arms btw.

I would love to see that happening. What Medicom offers are too little and too brittle!

Sideshow maybe?

1386.jpg

Hot Toys starts doing Comic Figs, and a lot of us are in trouble.

SSC states they aren't interested. HT is our best bet, but so long as they keep with the movie figures, I personally can live without the comic versions.

I agree that the movie figures are pretty lame for the most part (due exclusively to their crappy designs, and in no way due to Hot Toys ability to make movie-accurate toys), but would be all over comic figures if done right.

SSC states they aren't interested. HT is our best bet, but so long as they keep with the movie figures, I personally can live without the comic versions.

:lecture I agree.

I am not opposed to comic versions, I don't see the point.
- Comic lineup would include the same list of characters either made by Medicom or which will be / or was featured in film. It will be the same list of most popular characters which saturates the market / character.
- Comic lineup has too many artist variations of a character. Everyone has an opinion which is best / worst rendition of the character.
- Comic lineup could offer more obscure characters that will not see film. It is highly unlikely because these characters won't produce sales.

Which is why I don't see the point.

- Comic lineup has too many artist variations of a character. Everyone has an opinion which is best / worst rendition of the character.

They could go the Sideshow PF route and just pick one they like or create their own variation.

Sorry DM ....the comics versions IMO is the only way to go....

No need to be sorry for your opinion. Don't get me wrong, I'd buy the ones I like as well, but we'd be talking about a line of figures that would be out of any company's scope.

Give me a John Byrne Alpha Flight or a Paul Smith X-Men line and I'd be very happy.

I agree that the movie figures are pretty lame for the most part (due exclusively to their crappy designs, and in no way due to Hot Toys ability to make movie-accurate toys), but would be all over comic figures if done right.

I dunno. This figure and character design is awesome. "What would you prefer? Yellow spandex?"

34.jpg

05.jpg

Yes, HT is more likely and has been rumored. But I have to agree that I prefer the movie versions. They just work better in the real world. People are complaining about the spandex on the Sabretooth PF, and I think we'd hear the same thing about 1/6 figures, even more so, since the cloth wouldn't be as formfitting as it's drawn in the comics.

Why not both?

Hot Toys could make a super-hero style body for comic versions and use the more standard bodies, not overly muscled, for the movie versions. It's a win win situation for everyone.

This thread kinda faded away, am bringing it back. Definitely there did be comic book fans wishing this to come true.

I personally would love to see some Sipderman villians done in Steve Ditko's style.

Yes, HT is more likely and has been rumored. But I have to agree that I prefer the movie versions. They just work better in the real world. People are complaining about the spandex on the Sabretooth PF, and I think we'd hear the same thing about 1/6 figures, even more so, since the cloth wouldn't be as formfitting as it's drawn in the comics.

I have the same opinion.:D

Back