-Hot Toys- Spiderman Trilogy or Reboot?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Calcifer

Super Freak
Reaction score
This topic may have been covered already but..
When hot toys start doing spiderman figs ..what film would you like them based on from the trilogy ..on what character would you like the most.
Or do you think there gonna base there figure on the new spiderman reboot.

Since the Reboot is due out in 2012, if they stay on course I wouldn't be surprised if HT holds tight for a figure from the new series. 2011/2012 will already be busy years for their franchises I could see them skipping this until then.

If the Marvel Comic license is true, I'd prefer those... if not I'd like to wait and see what the reboot has to offer.

Ive heard some horrific rumors on who is to play the next spidey ..zack efron .. Robert pattinson ..if any of those come 2 be i would skip the whole line 4 sure.

I'm hoping for Jospeh Gordon Levitt... I think he's a good actor.

Don't want Patrick Fugit (can't stand that guy), Michael Cera, Pattinson or Efron, either.

Hot Toys already paid a lot for the license. They're not just gonna throw it away cause its old. Its free money. Of Course they're doing the trilogy, they did Blade and Ghost Rider and those are old.

Plus since they're sending Parker back to High school odds are they will probably get some twerp new kid actor, like one of those Jonas kids to play him, to appeal to the younger audience. So ___ that :monkey4

The Raimi movies are gonna go down as classic's IMO(despite the 3rd one being rushed, SM1&2 WERE VERY GOOD) Especially with the new ones being made, cause of the different styled approach. So there is no reason not to make them. But bring on Both (and i'd love to see comic versions eventually)

Ive heard some horrific rumors on who is to play the next spidey ..zack efron .. Robert pattinson ..if any of those come 2 be i would skip the whole line 4 sure.

All bull____ rumors just like Cher playing Catwoman or Eddie Murphy playing the Riddler. The only real strong rumor is the kid from Percy Jackson and the Olympians Logan Lerman.

Hot Toys already paid a lot for the license. They're not just gonna throw it away cause its old. Its free money. Of Course they're doing the trilogy, they did Blade and Ghost Rider and those are old.

True but you'll see maybe a Tobey Spider-Man and not much more, by the time they put out one maybe two from the first series they'll be ramping up for the new one and the old will be pushed to the wayside. Plus, the license emcompasses the Spider-Man film license which I guarantee will be restructured to include the new one so it isn't like they are throwing it away just putting it on hold.

As much as I was thrown off with hearing about a re-boot so soon into the franchise, I hope this plays out well. I enjoy the first 2 but not the third for many reasons explained. But look wise, they all have some cool characters to play off from which I hope they will touch. Dr. Ock would be top of my list if they do the villians. I really can't say anything yet about the re-boot until I see it. And if this movies does come out in 2012, most likely if Hot Toys do the figures, it will not be release until late 2012 to early 2013 (unless they can get the line out with more than 1 figure when the movie hits) which I highly doubt. In either case, HT can milk both franchise and Some of us can have something to hold us over until the new one comes out.

I'm hoping for Jospeh Gordon Levitt... I think he's a good actor.
Cheers to that. He hadn't even crossed my mind, but now that you mention him, he's a perfect fit! Fingers crossed.

sorry, I think hes taken, as the next joker to replace heath. Hes already starring in nolan's upcoming movie.

so I guess once they go for any of the big companies like DC or Marvel, they have to stick to it.

sorry, I think hes taken, as the next joker to replace heath.

Seriously? I like the guy, but recasting the joker in Nolan's Batman is just bad form. It's a tragedy that Heath is gone, but the Joker should go with him.

Yeah didn't Nolan say Joker would not be involved in the next film :confused:

I do remember reading in interview that Nolan did originally had plans for the third movie involving the Joker again but that it went to scraps once Heath died. As far as I remember, Nolan said IF he does take the deeds for a third, no Joker.

the dude from twilight series is 2 tall for spiderman..
spiderman was not over 6 ft tall.
that is why he was always regarded to being or could be a super hero side kick.
if they don't do tobey mcguire spiderman figures i will not touch the product.. because i do not want a r pattinson figure..he will be a lame choice. not even an american.spidey is american..marvel will ruin this new spiderman series

original trilogy. just want spidey, green goblin and doc ock.

Thats what I want also. Doc Ock would be a stunning piece. And all they have to do is mod the piece from the Matrix line. For Spiderman to look right its going to be tough I think. Spandex doesnt translate well to 1/6 scale.

Back