Paint problem with SS Stormtrooper hands

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CyberVillain

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi guys!
I just received my SS Stormtrooper from a guy called legendshobbies*com on ebay. (Really fast shipping from the US by the way).

Anyway, when I opened the box the first thing I noticed was that the black rubber like paint was scratched on the right gun hand.

Then after I posed him with the rifle i noticed that paint was falling of from the other hand as well! And i was really careful posing him!

Is it my copy that's faulty or is this a known problem with this figure?

Hi guys!
I just received my SS Stormtrooper from a guy called legendshobbies*com on ebay. (Really fast shipping from the US by the way).

Anyway, when I opened the box the first thing I noticed was that the black rubber like paint was scratched on the right gun hand.

Then after I posed him with the rifle i noticed that paint was falling of from the other hand as well! And i was really careful posing him!

Is it my copy that's faulty or is this a known problem with this figure?

known problem, contact Sideshow, maybe they'll send you replacement hands.

well the seller would just refund you or exchange it if he had another. but sideshow might just send you some new hands if they have any. they're pretty good about stuff like that.

I got some new molded hands for my Sideshow stormtrooper directly from Sideshow when I sent them an email about it. They're so nice.

Wouldn't hurt to try to get a free replacement from Sideshow , but like Evilface said - an easy fix. You could also try Toy Anxiety from time to time for spare parts if unsuccessful elsewhere.

Since it's some kind of rubber like paint they used i think its very hard to get that look and feel with just repainting the hands.

Anyway, i've sent a mail to both sideshow and my ebay seller...

Since it's some kind of rubber like paint they used i think its very hard to get that look and feel with just repainting the hands.

Anyway, i've sent a mail to both sideshow and my ebay seller...

Which email address did you use to contact SS about this? As two of my Stormtroopers have this problem.

All i can seem to find on the website is the customer service form.

I used that form, they responded very quickly using it.
Well the only thing the email said was that they forwarded my case to their Return's Department. Which I hope is just a general name for their support department and that i dont need to send the figure back to get new hands...

Last edited:
SS sent me replacement hands for the EX stormie I bought from them and also for the one I got from Razor's Edge. Really cool from them, I'm sure you will get a positive answer too.

Back