PREVIEW : JAWS Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blake said:
I can't wait to see this one in it's entirety.

It looks like it will be a wall plaque like the Weta TRex with just the head and front flippers.

I can't wait to see this full maquette! The next thing I'm hoping for is for Sideshow to begin producing Jurassic Park collectibles. With them having such a close relationship with Stan Winston Studios, this could be a great opportunity to get some iconic pieces made.

It looks...kinda weird really. I have no idea what it could look like. Looks like a diorama to me. With plexiglass blue sea in which you can see the entire shark.

JAWS.jpg

B-Electronic said:
It looks...kinda weird really. I have no idea what it could look like. Looks like a diorama to me. With plexiglass blue sea in which you can see the entire shark.

LOL. They just put their shark in the poster. Come on now....no plexiglass or sea with this one.

Looks like just the head so probably something similar to the Graboid? I guess we shall see very shortly.

Brock said 27" didn't he? That seems more than just a head. But maquette rules out a diorama with the Orca.

I can't tell if it will be the whole shark, or a wall plaque with just the head and some of the fins. I'm buying it either way.:cool:

Just read some of the comments on that French board. Some say that they don't get the concept, and to be honest, me neither. What exactly am I looking at??? 3D poster? Fish tank? Wall plaque? I guess time will teach us.

Well,

My guess is you are looking at a teaser pic of the product.

There will be no tank or water with the actual piece. They simply replaced Jaws from the poster with a picture of their product.

A maquette should be the full shark (Bruce) on some kind of stand or display I would think.

This is not what I was expecting. I imagined a bust, with his head rising out of the water like this:

222px-Jaws_DVD.jpg

But leave it to Sideshow to go beyond your expectations!

Back