Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 3 of 1928 FirstFirst 123456713531035031003 ... LastLast

Default Re: NECA: New PREDATOR movie figures announced

To quote the article:

"The figures will focus on the Predators and their many unique looks as seen in the three films. No human characters are immediately planned, though they are a possibility in the future."

Hmmm. Here's hoping that means some Lost Hunters...

oh no !!!
    please make some sweet 1/6 Preds!!!!
    and some jungle display bases to come with.
    If hell has a name,it must be CHINA Hidden Content Hidden Content

and thank god I didn't get a HT P1 ,haha!
    If hell has a name,it must be CHINA Hidden Content Hidden Content

"No human characters are immediately planned, though they are a possibility in the future."

PLEASE make it so as HT dropped the ball on P1/P2 human figs.
    Join my Movie Geek Facebook page for regular updates: Hidden Content

Hidden Content
    MY POSED PHOTOS:

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by nicky View Post
    "No human characters are immediately planned, though they are a possibility in the future."

PLEASE make it so as HT dropped the ball on P1/P2 human figs.
    How so Dutch was awesome?

The never did a Harrigan though which does such.

I mean they dropped the ball in that they could have done so much more than just a great Dutch and an ok Billy. What about the rest?
    Join my Movie Geek Facebook page for regular updates: Hidden Content

Hidden Content
    MY POSED PHOTOS:

Hidden Content

King of the Monsters MODERATOR
    Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Follow MaulFan on Flickr Visit MaulFan's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by nicky View Post
    I mean they dropped the ball in that they could have done so much more than just a great Dutch and an ok Billy. What about the rest?
    HT, and likely NECA, didn't flesh out the rest because they don't have likeness rights under the Predator license and would have to pursue each person's individual rights. I can't figure why they made Billy at all with no likeness, other than maybe feeling the P1 line had to have at least 3 figures to feel right to collectors, like the ALIEN line. HT acknowledged the demand for top quality, accurrate, realistic figures in a recent article, which means they realize that collectors aren't content to buy figures anymore with the likeness games of ALIENS era. I'd say, the deemed Dutch the only one worth all the extra cost and effort to get a likeness right for and Billy the best and easiest figure to roll out without a likeness but still have some value and the rest of the team not worth making at all.

If NECA puts out the humans, I'd say it'd very likely be without likenesses too, they might be able to get away with it on $15 figures, but for those thinking NECA will be the answer to having an awesome set of Dutch's team in their collection, if likenesses are a key factor in that, you'll probably be dissappointed. I'm not sure they'd even do the full team anyway, NECA's really big on recycling parts over mutliple figures, like the AVPR Wolf figure or the T2 figures, Dutch's team can't really share parts because of their different sizes and costumes. My guess is, if they do humans, maybe a couple Dutch figures to share molds.

Freaked Out!
    Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Sweet! I would love to buy more predators from NECA. Please make a "King Willy"

Just a little freaky
    Feedback
    Who cares if they're only 7", we're getting 4+ new inexpensive predator figures this year.

Not to mention hot toys will probably produce figures based on the new movie.

Rex Tremendae Majestatis
    Feedback
    1 (100%)
    NECA does us proud!

Now I can start dreaming about them getting the license for the Alien prequel as well. If that ever goes into production...